installing 2 amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
    your install is generally good, but you should have a fuse in your engine bay, in the trunk is too far from the battery to avoid the hazard that your fuses would be preventing.

and like accordz said, the relay for the remote is not needed. just feed one line directly to an amp, and then back out of the amp and into the other.
    Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
    The only thing I would do is I would run the speaker wires directly to the two rear speakers, rather than to the harness behind the stereo. There's not much room behind there so it's nice to keep some free. When you run 3 sets of RCAs, it'll be a squeeze to stuff 4 pairs of speaker wire in there too. Then again, I've wired up a stereo and a flip out DVD player to fit in that space so it's doable.
    fusing in the trunk is not needed unless there is a 2nd batt. the relay you dont want .... its just another thing that can cause issues in the long run. the cap should be done before the block. that way neither amp will see a dip in power. yes your sub amp may draw more but if you know the way a audio system works ull understand what it goes before the distro block.
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
    X