Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio only works when headlights are on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio only works when headlights are on....

Hey, i have been looking through this forum for quite awhile but have never posted but i have a question now.....Okay i took my dash trim out to paint it white...and somehow i got a wire disconnected..so i looked at it and i connected a red wire coming from the harness from my car to the main power coming from the radio(yellow wire) and my radio will work..but only when my headlights are on..and also everytime i turn the headlights off my clock resets...and also my power seat belts will not work until i turn the headlights on...does anyone know what is wrong? i know it cant be to complicated..im sure its just a wire in the wrong place..i just dont know which one..alright thanks

lol ur power wire (remote) for the deck is connected to ur illumination haha....

i say recheck ALL the wires.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Okay i went to my car and wrote down which wires coming from my radio are connected to my wiring harness in my car...you guys will probably be able to tell me right away which wires to move...also the left column are the wires from my radio..and the right column are the wires from my car...... alright thanks a lot...

Radio Wires Car Wires
      White----------------------------Blue

Red------------------------------Yellow w/ red stripe

Yellow----------------------------Yellow

Black------------------------------black

White w/ black stripe--------------White w/ black stripe

Green w/ black stripe-------------Gray w/ white stripe

Purple--------------------------Brown w/ white stripe

Purple w/ black stripe---------Red w/ yellow stripe

Gray------------------------yellow w/ white stripe

Green----------------------Blue w/ yellow stripe

Green w/ black stripe---------Gray w/ white stripe

Comment

I fixed it...

well i fixed my problem...it turns out the red wire i plugged into the yellow wire should not have been plugged in there..so i unplugged it.....and also i checked all my fuses and the "backup radio" fuse under the hood was blown so i replaced it and now my radio works when my lights are off and on...but still i have two red wires that are no connected anywhere...does anyone know where they go? my radio works fine without them but i would think they have a place to be...thanks for your help guys...i really appreciate it.

Comment

lol, i did that before when i was re-installing my HU. i somehow got the wires connected wrong. but in my case, the bass wouldn't come on unless the headlights were on. lol. so i was only thumpin' at night.

Comment

congrats on fixing it...
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

damn a bit late

thanks man..i fixed it like a month ago....

Comment

its this damn email notification thing...sometimes i dont get them all but now its working...hahah at least u got it going =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                X