Phoenix Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix Gold

I just got a phoenix gold sx 6600 6 channel amp 4 speakers 2 subs can anybody tell me the specs on this amp and would it be enough to power my 15l7 solo baric

www.google.com > you.

* Frt / Rr Section Sub section 4 ohm Mono 180 x 2 , 300 x 1
    * 2 ohm Per Ch. 90 x 4 150 x 2
    * 4 ohm Per Ch. 50 x 4
    * 6 Channel Power Amplifier
    * Dead Silent Turn [on/off] TAIMŪ Circuitry
    * 2 Ohm Load Approved
    * Superior Thermal Capacity
    * Built-in Low pass
    * Level Control Differential
    * Speaker Level Inputs for Lease installs
    * 24dB Crossover [HP/LP] with Aux Output
    * Adjustable Crossover Range: 40 to 800Hz
    * Dimensions: 16.6" L X 11.5" W X 2.1" H

It would be great to run your door speakers on, but it will severely underpower you L7. At the most you will only be able to put 300w to your sub, and the L7's can easily handle 1000w RMS.
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

that rating on the L7 is a max rating your should be ok with 250-300 on the L7 ive done it for years with a 600.1 on two L7s just because a speaker has a max rating of a zillion watts doesnt mean you have to push it that hard its actually not really recommended to push a L7 at that rate for any prolonged period of time.( i part time help at a kicker authorized dealer) and have run kicker for the better part of 10 years.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

Originally posted by DRAGGEN
        that rating on the L7 is a max rating your should be ok with 250-300 on the L7 ive done it for years with a 600.1 on two L7s just because a speaker has a max rating of a zillion watts doesnt mean you have to push it that hard its actually not really recommended to push a L7 at that rate for any prolonged period of time.( i part time help at a kicker authorized dealer) and have run kicker for the better part of 10 years.
        You are very correct, but most people try to push an underpowered speaker too hard and blow it. Unfortunately not everyone understands that you can underpower a speaker and still have it loud as well without clipping the hell out of it.
        Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

yes the distortion..the most dangerous misunderstood Speaker killer. with that mid to low power its important to know your box doesnt leak or your speaker isnt tore and the cross over point is set to an appropriate HZ.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

My brothers series 1 12" L7 is rated at 750 rms 1200max....he has benn running it off an RF 800a2 for 2 years plus with no problem

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

this is due to the fact that i'm sure the RF rms rating is under 750, so therefore it would still be under the amount of rms that it potentially could handle.

that's exactly what i would power my sub with, something around the rms rating is has. it would still be loud as fuck, some idiots be powering their 12" L7 with 1200 watt amps, wtf? if you need that much bass, get 2 L7s.
              '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
              -'93 BRP LX 4AT
              -'92 AGP LX 5MT
              -'93 AGP EX 4AT
              10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

my bad i didn't mean 800a2 i meant an older 1100a2 sorry. i got it mixed up with my amp I have a 800a2 in my daily mazda sorry, He has the 1100a2 running to the 1 12" L7, in a "real" virtual technologies box we just had to cut the circle into a square.

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord
                  my bad i didn't mean 800a2 i meant an older 1100a2 sorry. i got it mixed up with my amp I have a 800a2 in my daily mazda sorry, He has the 1100a2 running to the 1 12" L7, in a "real" virtual technologies box we just had to cut the circle into a square.
                  and he hits in the high 140 low 150 db range, when ever he does SPL coms

Comment

Working...
                  X