Clock resetting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clock resetting issue

OK, here lately I've been having some issues with my clock on my dash, it keeps resetting. If I leave it and don't set the correct time, it'll go forever without resetting, but, if I set it, within an hour, it resets back to 1:00. The stereo never resets, works fine. I have noticed a bit of corrosion on my battery terminals. I'm wondering, could the corrosion be the issue?

Im having the Same problem.
    Every time i start my car the clock will restart to 1:00.
    STUFF FOR SALE!!!
    1992 Accord Lx.
    1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Mine just does it at random. I can be driving down the road, it'll reset. I've checked the fuses, they're all fine.

Comment

Yeah im totally clueless. lol
        STUFF FOR SALE!!!
        1992 Accord Lx.
        1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Have you checked the radio fuse under the hood? I took the one outta my wife's car, now every time she turns her car off, then restarts it, her clock resets.

If you look under the hood in the fuse panel, it's the one on the top left. I believe it's a 7.5 or 10 amp fuse

Comment

try back up fuse as well

Comment

Wouldn't that cause my stereo to reset as well? the stereo is fine, just the clock, and it seems to ONLY reset if I actually set the time.

I'm leaning toward it being my severely corroded battery terminals. They almost look like they have mold on them, which pisses me off, I spent 48 dollars on em.

Comment

It almost sounds like a loose wire... something that is very, very briefly interuppting power to the clock causing it to reset. It wouldn't do that while the car is parked because there are no bumps, movement, etc. While driving that's all different though.

Now what wire would be loose...I have no idea

This doesn't 100% explain your problem but it might be a step in the right direction
                Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                ┴─┴
                ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

replace your clock.

i have heard that once the CB clocks get pretty old they start to get a little temperamental.

mine was doing pretty much the same as described above.

replaced it with a better looking DC-teg clock and havnt had a problem since...

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

OK. When I had my deep cycle battery in my car, no issues whatsoever. I put a regular battery in my car with the new terminals, this is when the issue started. I recently relocated my battery to my trunk, got new battery terminals, cleaned the battery posts, everything was going fine, then it happened again, it reset. So, I have no clue?? faulty clock, maybe?

Comment

Working...
                    X