removing viper alarm system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing viper alarm system

anyone got the 411 on removing a viper alarm system?///thing is driving me nuts goes off without warning even while i drive..need it out
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

I'd look for the brain and just unhook it. You can leave the wires, if you don't wanna fish em all out. The easiest way to find the brain would be to locate the led and trace the wires from that and see where they go.

Comment

I dont want to hear that Im getting a viper on sunday????? should I not ne1 else have problems with that kind?

My ride:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143916

Comment

Originally posted by accordict View Post
        I dont want to hear that Im getting a viper on sunday????? should I not ne1 else have problems with that kind?

huh?

What I think you're saying is that you're getting a viper alarm on Sunday and stories like this are making you question your decision. You then go on to ask if anyone else is having issues with theirs and furthermore should you not make this particular purchase?

Responses are better and more aplenty when the reader can actually read what you are asking.

[/grammarnazi]
        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
        ┴─┴
        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

couple of questions.....

How old is the alarm in question?

did you install it or was it installed at a shop ?

now these things have worked for me in the past
          putting the alarm in valet mode will probably be the fastest way to disable the alarm (but you said you wanted to remove it ).

you can also pull the fuses .

as stated above find the brain and pull it , if it was me I would also clean out the wiring as well while your down there.

good luck
          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by accordict View Post
            hahaha your ignition wire is loose. lol its the yellow wire that connects to the brain. either that its the power wire, if it momentary looses power the alarm will go off randomly. its common on older half assed installs and more common on older style viper alarms.

but if your getting a new alarm then why take out the old one, the shops will take out the old one.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I've got a Viper alarm and love it. It's a 791xv or vx, I don't remember.

Comment

got one lasted 4+ years and now just doesnt respond but i havent really tinkered with it lately.
                Members Ride sold...
                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

the brain like most alarm installs unless you got someone to do a really good job is just under the steering wheel, on the drivers side. snip all those wires out, remove horn thats located in the engine bay, on the right side towards the top usually.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                    hahaha your ignition wire is loose. lol its the yellow wire that connects to the brain. either that its the power wire, if it momentary looses power the alarm will go off randomly. its common on older half assed installs and more common on older style viper alarms.

but if your getting a new alarm then why take out the old one, the shops will take out the old one.
                    ya and they charge u like 50$ to take out the old one. any alarm with 2 way pager is nice.
                    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

only other thing that's been overlooked so far is that there's probably a starter kill relay, if it's a decent Viper system. You'll wanna make sure there isn't a relay installed inline with the starter wire. If there is, take it out and re-connect the two ends of the starter wire in the ignition harness.

Too bad you're having problems, Viper systems are some of my favorite out of all the different kinds I've installed for people over the last 10 years. Accordztech is probably right about the ignition or constant wire connection being loose. Also, could be a loose ground. Check the black wire coming from the brain.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

i've been installing vipers for 13 years and never had a problem with them

dei products in general are great

problem usually lies in the installation

Comment

i installed viper alarm systems for 5 years myself, i have found very few that had issues. Usually related to the customers remote.

most shops will charge you to take out the old one, i honestly never did. But i upsell somewhere else to make it worth their wild lol.

if you were in my area ill install your alarm.
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

hi every1 sorry i douldnt get back sooner, when i bought my cb the alarm was already in it...but on inspection while i was installing my cd player i noticed there was alot of haggared ass wiring, that is probably my issue...accordict aslong as its installed clean and proper it should be fine
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

Working...
                            X