speaker wiring colour codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker wiring colour codes

hey guys... im tryin to install my new deck.. got the harness and everything just need to attach the wires.. do any of you know the colour codes for which wires goto which speakers.. thanks alot!

1990 Accord EX-R 4door
    5speed, *H22a Power*

-4 Doors are better because there is more of me to pass you with!-

++Proud to be Powered By Honda++

i moved it to audio electronics.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

If you bought a harness, all you should have to do is match colors, green -> green, white -> white, grey -> grey and purple -> purple. Also green w/ black trace -> green w/ black trace, etc. Those are the colors for the speakers.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

its all wierd though man.. its not just matching the colours cuz everything is different

1990 Accord EX-R 4door
        5speed, *H22a Power*

Comment

well since its a new deck and U do have the wire harness we have to take it back a step.

the colors should some what match, at least the yellow, red, and black. connect those together.

now have ur manual for ur new stereo handy and find the page where it says the diagram for the wire harness for the new deck.

see the colors for the speakers and find it one by one. for example in the manual it says that left front speaker positive is color "pink" then find the left front speaker positive on the wire harness and then connect those 2 together...

if u also look closely at the wire harness u may see writing on the wires itself.

try that and get back to us. i wonder if u got the right wire harness.....
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

does the plug from the car and the new harness match?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

u have 2 get a harness for the car also. if u don't then u need 2 get the harness of the radio splice into ur factory wiring.

Comment

thats what i have to do is cut all the wires and reattach them.. but all im having wierd probs and my buddies dont know what the hell is going on.. like i connect constant 12v to the harness and then ground.. then the red i touch on the same 12v wires and the deck turned on.. its all messed up.. dont worry i'll get it sometime.. thanks for your help guys

1990 Accord EX-R 4door
                5speed, *H22a Power*

Comment

well u just jumped the deck so that it turns on....so it turns on or does it not?

i mean i will help u...just got to let me know whats up.

u got the harness that connects to the cars EXISTING harness right? so that later in case u can go back to stock.

the only thing u should cut is the wires to the deck and the new wires from the NEW wire harness...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

get a harness....for the few bucks and the couple of days you may be broke by getting one its better then having to go back and attempt to rewire and if none of the wires match just hook the harness to the car locate your battery usually yellow. ground usually black. and switched usually the red wire. there should now be 9 or ten wires left the blue or blue with white are the remote turn on and power antenna. the rest you can take a AA battery and pick the two sets of colored wires that match and touch them together with the battery to determine with is right rear..left rear and so one as for being safe it is the method i used and i used it on my Kicker Resolutions so i try not to give advice that would hurt the equipment.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

Working...
                    X