Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta change my trunk setup. A little advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
    I'm just not a big fan of floor mounted subs. They're just waiting for me to drop something through them and I know it. lol I'm gutting the trunk this weekend, so I'll figure something out. I'm trying to have it together except for carpet (or maybe vinyl for something different. Durasuede? Something unusual but tasteful) by Thursday when the kit gets delivered.
    why just side mount the subs pray for the best cuts and the same matching cuts. or if your just doing a single sub just use one side of the trunk for the box and the other for the bottle ??
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

This is what it's going to be for now.

I'll cut the circle for the tank when it gets here, so I know the diameter is correct.

Each enclosure is 1.75 cu. ft. now, and I'm wondering about porting them. I have two 3 inch round by 4.5 inch ports. The calculator I used says that one will tune one of my enclosures to about 41 hz, but I'm not sure how it's going to sound because the 12W0-8 specs call for 2.5 cu. ft. ported. If I port them, are they going to sound like ass?

Comment

i would think not ... it really depends on how well everything is built ...ie leaky box = dirty asshole.
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Well, they sound good sealed, I re-caulked both of them and popped a toothpick chunk in each screw hole for the subs. I'll try it. If they sound like crap, I can always close them up again. I'm planning on covering the boxes in chocolate, and doing the rest of the trunk in tan, to match the interior. It's pretty budget minded, but everything is solid. I can't wait to get her re-carpeted, center the amp and get the bottle mounted up. I have to throw a little LED action in the trunk too. I can't help it. I'm planning a light leak around the bottle where it goes through the false floor too. Not sure what colors I'll use yet, but definitely going for a little more flash than normal. Sorry about the blur, lens stayed open a little longer than I expected.

Comment

Working...
          X