interior light options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interior light options

has anyone changed their interior lights (dome, door indicators, etc) to maybe a hyper white or something to that effect? a few of mine are beginning to dim so im thinking of replacing it with something different

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

our very own cpmike has a diy on how to replace all interior lights with any color LED. search around the apprearence forums.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

his was just for the dash and control lights, wasnt it? im talking about the dome light, door indicator lights, trunk light, etc...

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Re: interior light options

Originally posted by shimoto
        has anyone changed their interior lights (dome, door indicators, etc) to maybe a hyper white or something to that effect? a few of mine are beginning to dim so im thinking of replacing it with something different
        i had put all hyper whites in my cousin's 91, but he sold it, and i don't have pics, sorry.

btw, don't do some wierd color bulbs (well its just a suggestion) because it'll look ricer. i think hyper white would suffice.

the doors, dome, and trunk light are all the same bulb. i forget the number.
        '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
        -'93 BRP LX 4AT
        -'92 AGP LX 5MT
        -'93 AGP EX 4AT
        10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

it should just be a direct replacement bulb in a hyper white color right? no LED's or soldering needed?

Comment

I got bored one day, so I took the dome light out completely, and installed a 4 inch neon stick in there instead. the factory bulb holders gripped the stick and everything. It used to beat the the music but it's since broke, the microphone died or something, but yeah, I have a blue neon dome light, it looks pretty cool, doesn't really provide light or anything, but it looks good. I'm fixing the lighting problem later with a secret plan, but anyways, that is what I would do if you want to go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
              I got bored one day, so I took the dome light out completely, and installed a 4 inch neon stick in there instead. the factory bulb holders gripped the stick and everything. It used to beat the the music but it's since broke, the microphone died or something, but yeah, I have a blue neon dome light, it looks pretty cool, doesn't really provide light or anything, but it looks good. I'm fixing the lighting problem later with a secret plan, but anyways, that is what I would do if you want to go that route.
              Do you have any pics?
              R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
              My members ride page
              Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

my girl wanted green lights so i just bought some of those pilot bulb covers that were green, and it worked out pretty good
                I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

any one know where i can pick up hyper white replacement bulbs?

Comment

yuck keep away from neons, get hyper white thats what i got and there super bright and look mint,

Comment

Covers will burn out. The cover will actually melt to the bulb. The bulb also takes up a lot of useful light away.

My neon stick looks completely oem. I didn't have to cut anything to make it work. And I looks pretty damn cool.

Comment

you mean hyper whites will burn the cover?

Comment

Working...
                        X