Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odyssey or optima battery?

odyssey is light

i've heard rumors, but i need a winter battery. sound system, hid and soon camshaft and maybe high compression?

is optima what i need?

Be Clean

i have an optima red top, ive had it for almost 5years, its dying on me right now though, specially if i dont turn the car on everyday, i have to jumpstart it, i too have hid lights,system, im thinking about getting me another red top, my friend has an odyssey but although they are very small, they are really good for systems, but i dont know too much about them.

Comment

As long as it can supply enough current to turn your starter, then it's fine. If you are going to be playing your radio with the car off then you need a deep cycle battery.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i have the tiny odessy battery its cool cause its small but i dont really like it.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

odessy is an ok light weight battery... but if ur worried about having the power to start i would go with a yellow top. i got one that 5-6 years old and another that about as old but its been strictly a system battery.

my personal prefernce is optima or power master.
          Members Ride sold...
          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Best option is Get a Kinetik secondary battery along with an optima red rop and you'll have best of both worlds. Red top up front for starting and kinetik in the back wired in same way you would install a Farad cap for a car stereo. However including 0 guage wire and everything else needed to run this setup I know up here it would easily cost $500-$600 canadian to buy all that and install it.

I personally run a blue top optima and I have let it die completely more than 10 times and it still holds a charge long enough for me to start my car after 3 hours of a drive-in movie theater. It was dead all winter out in my car in the cold and I charged it in the spring and its holding perfect charge yet again. Turns my car over in -30 C weather up here. Best money I spent on my car if you ask me.

If you kill your batterys alot DO NOT buy a red top as they are not deep cycle and they cant handle that kind of abuse. They are more made for turning over big block V8's and high current starters. Way more power than our little 4 bangers need and they dont store very much power, they just output a ton of cranking amps.

^Click Me!^

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer987 View Post
              Best option is Get a Kinetik secondary battery along with an optima red rop and you'll have best of both worlds. Red top up front for starting and kinetik in the back wired in same way you would install a Farad cap for a car stereo. However including 0 guage wire and everything else needed to run this setup I know up here it would easily cost $500-$600 canadian to buy all that and install it.

I personally run a blue top optima and I have let it die completely more than 10 times and it still holds a charge long enough for me to start my car after 3 hours of a drive-in movie theater. It was dead all winter out in my car in the cold and I charged it in the spring and its holding perfect charge yet again. Turns my car over in -30 C weather up here. Best money I spent on my car if you ask me.

If you kill your batterys alot DO NOT buy a red top as they are not deep cycle and they cant handle that kind of abuse. They are more made for turning over big block V8's and high current starters. Way more power than our little 4 bangers need and they dont store very much power, they just output a ton of cranking amps.

I have a Yellow top and it only died on me 1 time. had the battery for over 2 years now. What I want to know is witch color is the best one for our CB'S I have 3 screens in the car and can almost watch complete movie before I have to start the car again to give it a charge. if there another battery that fits in our cb that can do better please let me know

Links to my rides :
              1992 Accord EX*
              1990 Accord EX
              1991 Accord SE (4th)
              1991 Accord SE (3rd)
              1991 Accord SE (2ND)
              1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
                I have a Yellow top and it only died on me 1 time. had the battery for over 2 years now. What I want to know is witch color is the best one for our CB'S I have 3 screens in the car and can almost watch complete movie before I have to start the car again to give it a charge. if there another battery that fits in our cb that can do better please let me know
                If ur doing that kinda stuff it would be smart to invest in a yellow top I wish the blue tops were more avalible in the south but I have 2 yellows like I said and I am very pleased givin the age I'm lookin for one more for my build in progress sine I'll be comptetin and I wanna keep at or above 13.2v for 30 sec runs low notes
                Members Ride sold...
                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

I'm going on 8 1/2 yrs on my optima orange top(reversed terminal redtop made by the original OPTIMA company before they were sold later).

I love optimas(the old ones), I sure hope the interstate optimas are decent but I've heard lots of reports they are not..
                  90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
                  DIY ram intake
                  0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
                  stock alt rewound to 120amps
                  optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
                  fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
                  2004 Jeep Liberty v6
                  2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

i'd say go with a yellow top....and if you want do wat Loafer987 said in his first post on this thread....red top to start, kinetik for the music, hid's, etc

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Working...
                    X