ANy ideas IN where to put speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANy ideas IN where to put speakers?

I got a coupe an trying to figure out where to put some 5 .25 speakers that, anywhere thats not in the way and can still be heard.... any pics ... ideas..? thanks

the door? kick panels?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I personally would put them in the front doors. I had to make my own mounting ring on my 93 sedan lx but it was worth the time. I have a Boston Acoustics component set and Kicker SS tweeters and have to custom mount everything but it was definitely worth the effort. If you need help just let me know.

Comment

I think it'd be cool to mount a speaker where the cup holder is. Like how some of them don't have a cup holder, the little plastic area between the shifter and cup holder is. Fab up some sort of pod to put like a 5.25 or 6 inch center channel speaker

Comment

I don't know if this will help any but to make custom gauges pods you can go to Micheals or your local craft store and buy some of the styrofome balls. Then you take fiberglass and mold it around it. Once it has dried you trim it to however you need it, sand it, paint it, and there's your new pod. This works the same for speakers. Like I said this may not be the way you want to go but it was just a thought. If nothing else if you come into fitment issues go and get some mdf from Lowes or somewhere and cut out some rings to build up the mounting surface and then you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by PENGUIN View Post
            I got a coupe an trying to figure out where to put some 5 .25 speakers that, anywhere thats not in the way and can still be heard.... any pics ... ideas..? thanks
            The front doors with EX pods.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
              The front doors with EX pods.
              I already got speakers there.... im thinking like underneath the back side windows.... but I think i might just put in a bunch of tweeters cause these 5.25 are too big and it seems too require alot of cutting. But thanks for the ideas, I think I might create two small pods under the back seat for some 4" speakers...

Comment

why do you want so many speakers? Do you have 6.5's in the door?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Hey bro, i had 14 speakers in my accord. For the coupe, you can go to your cheap/local stores and get these speakers called "pyle" or those American bass ones, they are 5" speakers, flat backs. Their designed only for mid range, for the loud echo, easy install for the most part. If you also go to those shops, they'll have pods that u can put them in, i had 2 pods, with 3 rings in each pod, colored maroon to match my interior, got 6 of those speakers 2 pods and the speaker covers for 90$. you can't beat it, i had the 4 door, so i put them in a "^" shape between the 6x9 speaker covers and the 3rd brake light, they fit snuggly in there, so no drilling, besides drilling the speakers onto the pods. I have a great idea for a coupe, it's all planned out so if you want some extreme Mid-range or even high's PM me ill tell ya what i mean.

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                  out of the game for now but looking

Comment

wow.....just wow.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

jesus, 14 speakers must be freakin loud!! im slightly jealous. i've thought about adding a pair of componenets in the front, but 14 speakers, thats abusive!! props to that!

Comment

I know everyone is thinking it so ill just say it!

PLEASE!! dont use that guys advice and go with 14 speakers or Pyle speakers period. Not to be an ass but im sure it sound like $#!%, you dont need that many speakers to get a good sound hell with the amount of money you can spend on 14 cheap speakers you ccan go with a good or great component set and get a better, cleaner, and over all more musical sound.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord View Post

PLEASE!! dont use that guys advice and go with 14 speakers or Pyle speakers period. Not to be an ass but im sure it sound like $#!%, you dont need that many speakers to get a good sound hell with the amount of money you can spend on 14 cheap speakers you ccan go with a good or great component set and get a better, cleaner, and over all more musical sound.
                          Thats true, but imagine how fun it would be placing that many speakers in your car!!

Comment

rear door panels

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord View Post

Nail on the head....

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X