Power Trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Trunk

Anyone install one of these on their car? I'm planning to do it and want to know if it's difficult?

I've seen it. You'll need a small actuator with enough force to push the lock mechanism. You'll need to do some cutting in the trunk lid too to fit the actuator in. Not a huge job but it will take some time to get it working right with everything lining up and all.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
    Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

just a motor actuator is needed...maybe a relay or 2

but if u want it to operate from a remote, lets say ur keyless entry, you can only do it if your alarm supports a second option, which is a negitive connection, well most of the time.

so when u hit button 2 on the remote it will trigger the motor...

hehe that be nice if u can just rip it off a car that has a motor actuator like a acura TL or something, hey now thats a good idea =)..im going to look into this =).
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Guys... if you want something cheap find a ford tempo in a junkyard. They're trashy cars (most of the time) and have an electric trunk release. No shit.

Comment

Working...
        X