stereo problems..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stereo problems..

I wanted to put in an indash mp3 player, i hooked up all the wires...white/white, black with black red with red..etc....but it wont turn on....the yellow is battery constant, and the red is +12v....why wont it turn on, its not that hard to hook up a cd player..but is there anything i can do to make it turn on?...i've tried my brother in laws mp3 player and his wont turn on either...and his is all wired up just needs to be naped to the harnes....
    BriBriBri

fuses.

there is a fuse in the car in the fuse pannel and there is one in the engine bay.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i'll try it out, and i'll post back to tell everyone what went down
      BriBriBri

Comment

double check the wires maybe? with the wires you didnt use, tape them off so they dont touch each other. this is on your accord right? if not, the car may have an external amplifier.

Comment

i checked the fuses, and a fuse in the car near the gas pedal was blown, and also a fuse in the engine bay was blown, so i changed them both. The wires are all set, taped off and none are touching, everything is hooked up properly. Is there anyway the cd player could have blown while the fuses were already blown? does anyone have any other ideas?

thanks alot
          BriBriBri

Comment

hey man i just had the same problem with mine wat i did is the yellow wire that is the constant might be another name to it. but wat i did is there was already a inline fuse on the so i added a extra wire from there and ran it to the battery well the positive side of the battery and it works fine just make sure the is a inline fuse and you jump off of the constant let me know how it works out
            Um......am i supposed to put something funny here?

Comment

does ur clock turn on?

check the fuses again to see if they blew again, if they did then u got something wrong in the wiring.

if u want to check the deck plug it into another car

usually u will smell a faint weird burnt smell if u fried it.

id double check

yellow powr
              red ign
              blk ground.

always have that ground in....if u want to test if u blew a ignition line then tap the red to yellow temporary and if it turns on then u kno ur ignition line may be screwd.

but do check other things.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

the cd player isn't fried, it doesn't smell, the clock works, and i also think the wires are allset too...the colors all match and everything.
                BriBriBri

Comment

what about the faceplate? sometimes mine wont turn on cause the faceplate isnt pushed in all the way and it seems like it was. kind of dumb of me but maybe thats it. other than that ive got no clue

Comment

I have the exact same problem, but the weird thing is, when i plug in my other radio, it gets power...but when i plug in my new one it doesnt get power....it did at first, but now it doesnt. now neither of them get power. ??????

Comment

i still didn't figure it out, i tried what everyone said it it still doesn't work. i tried checking the fuses, and then passed the yellow wore to the battery and it still doesn't work...
                      BriBriBri

Comment

put the same deck in another car...see if it works, if it dont its fried.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

how much does it usually cost to get a stereo repaired if it fried?

Comment

i never got them fixed, it gave me a reason to buy a better newer one
                            BriBriBri

Comment

Was going to say check the fuse in the deck...that will fry before anything is fried in the deck (usually)
                              So, is that what you call a getaway?
                              Tell me what you got away with.
                              Cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish.
                              I've seen more guts in eleven-year-old kids.

Have another drink and drive yourself home.
                              I hope there's ice on all the roads.
                              And you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt,
                              and again when your head goes through the windshield.

And is that what you call tact?
                              You're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back.

Comment

Working...
                              X