Got a new alarm for $30 at work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
    With the ebrake on and clutch out, would it just jump a few inches forward and stall? I mean I could be wrong, but wouldn't it just rev itsself down and die? Just don't park right up close against anything and make sure your e=brake is strong and you're all set.
    No. If you try to start a M/T car in gear with the clutch out, you WILL break something. Weather it's the starter, starting gear, or the starter wiring, it won't be pretty. The engine will never start, unless the car moves, because with the transmission in gear and the clutch engaged, there is a direct relationship between engine speed and tire speed. People who put a remote starter in a standard car without a failsafe have balls. Anybody who disables the start/clutch interlock has big nuts too. people who do any of this stuff have to carry their nuts on a trailer wherever they go. Seriously.

Comment

As long as your get a remote with a turbo timer, you will be fine with remote start in a manual

Just set it to run a minute after you get out of the vehicle. That way your car is always in neutral after you shut it off. That is my fail safe plan because I have grown up leaving the car in neutral all the time. So if I were ever to forget, I have the turbo timer to back me up

Comment

Remote start in a 5spd

my buddy had a crx auto put a remote starter in it.... he later convreted it to a 5spd.... we were at work at the B&I and he was playin with his remote... 2 min.. later we got a call from the car lot across the street.. his car in first gear with ebrake on went across a 5 lane road and into a pole, it managed not to hit any cars in the road or in the lot .... but that shit was funny as hell... Its fun and games until someone gets hurt, Then its funny as HELL!!!
        . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
        WiredMotorSports
        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Working...
        X