Got a new alarm for $30 at work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a new alarm for $30 at work!

Well some dipshit at work ordered the wrong alarms, so we have a bunch that we can't sell. (Just an FYI, I work at Circuit City) Anywho, I picked one up for $30 and retail is $100. I don't know too much about it. It's a Prestige from Audiovox, model APS - 875c. It has remote start, keyless entry, alarm obviously, and a bunch of other shit. I am getting one of our installers to help me put it in Tues. and I will give you guys a review of it.
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Do you have a 5 speed?

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
      Do you have a 5 speed?
      Yep. I still plan on using the remote start feature too.
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

That sounds cool. It sounds like you got it for cost. Prestige makes decent systems. Be careful with leaving your car on gear and trying to use the remote start. There are installers that like to install a fail-safe circuit so that the remote does not work when in gear, but that takes a little bit of custom work. I know that the best remote start alarm for a 5 speed is CompuSTAR but they are pricey.

Anyway you should be all good with the alarm, and make sure that all the features work after it is installed! anf oh yeah RTFM! lol

GL

Comment

Another way around the 5speed remote start is to find a remote start/alarm with a turbo timer. That way your car runs for say a minute after you take the key out.

So no matter what, the car is always in neutral when you shut the car off.

Comment

if i paypal-ed you the money, is there anyway i could get you to hook me up with one?
            ill pay shipping and all that as well good sir.
            just let me know.
            thanks.
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
              if i paypal-ed you the money, is there anyway i could get you to hook me up with one?
              ill pay shipping and all that as well good sir.
              just let me know.
              thanks.
              I can try, but it looks mighty suspicious when I start buying multiple alarms and shit. Let me see what I can do for you.
              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
                I can try, but it looks mighty suspicious when I start buying multiple alarms and shit. Let me see what I can do for you.
                sweet, thanks man, i dont want to get you into any shit, but if you could do it, it would be swell
                2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

just say its for your moms car

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy Accord
                    just say its for your moms car
                    Might work...
                    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

might be intersted also . so what are they going to do with them if they cant sell them?? might turn out good for you and all of us. if u offer to take a few more off there hands they might be better off since they cant sell them and you can sell them to us for maybe a 10 buck profit ?? that way CC gets rid of things they cant sell cuz of some guy fucking up you get 10 bucks for your time and trouble and we get an alarm for half off, it would be win win

Comment

Werd. Me 2

Comment

Sorry guys I wasn't able to get anymore alarms, all the other employees bought them. I just got it installed last night and it is awesome. I hooked up the remote start (I have a manual) and it's pretty fun, but I'm pretty paranoid about leaving the car in gear.
                          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Sorry guys I wasn't able to get anymore alarms, all the other employees bought them. I just got it installed last night and it is awesome. I hooked up the remote start (I have a manual) and it's pretty fun, but I'm pretty paranoid about leaving the car in gear.
                            With the ebrake on and clutch out, would it just jump a few inches forward and stall? I mean I could be wrong, but wouldn't it just rev itsself down and die? Just don't park right up close against anything and make sure your e=brake is strong and you're all set.

Comment

just purchase it from another store they wont know...hehe we do it here at CC all the time.

as for the alarm and remote start and 5 speed..u have to bypass that clutch but some of the better alarms comes with a disable that IF U HOOK IT UP RIGHt it will know when its in gear and wont start or is disabled when the ebrake is down or something.

but i do know what alarm your talking about and have seen it.

next summer im going to be putting remote start into my car with window module and everything, and then put this alarm i have in my 300zx.

oh and some cars if u auto start in gear, they just keep on going...thats what happend to a friend of mine.
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X