components???? DD vs HERTZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draxo View Post
    thanks bro. i may be getting black leather door panels in the near future which means i have a chance to relocate the crossovers. was thinking about mounting them in the back also but i wonder if all the bass will manage to somehow ruin them?
    why not just locate the crossovers inside the cabin(which keeps the dry from the element and a cleaner install) and run a large guage wire into the doors for the mid driver and tweeter? Are just run them in a active set up so you dont even have to use the passive crossovers which are known for stealing power, and they add distortaion <---which both can be proven.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

not worried about loosing power lol. i can always upgrade amps haha. but the thing is where in the cabin are u thinking .... sum people dont like the cross overs being seen at all. and yes i will be covering all the holes in the door. lol
      Members Ride sold...
      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

im the same way i dont like seeing the crossover at all either, actually there is alot of room behind the radio or up under the passanger side of the dash. My boy fit some big ass infinity passive crossovers in the corner of the dash beside the glove box. ive seen them under the passanger set also, im not a fan or showing off passive crossovers at all, lol.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

i went through my stage of showing them off lol. it died quickly when my boss told me if i didnt run bi amped he was gonna rip them out. soooo he let me stay on the clock and run new wire im gona have him do a final tune when i get all the fat mat in the car and redo all my wiring. then all i have to worry about is making my trunk loud i know my mids and highs will already be loud.

just to clear it up when i say loud i mean it being LOUD and CLEAN. not just midgets in a trash can kinda loud.
          Last edited by loud92CB7; 12-09-2008, 02:39 PM.
          Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            The holes in the door. lol If you cover them you essentially put the mids in a leaky sealed box which is great for midbass.
            my mids looks sexier then yours lol. haha so more on my goods umm i got a powermaster ALT that finally came in.... but brad and i have to make a new gosh damn bracket for the big ass mother fucker !!!!!!
            also finally picked up the hsk165's MMMMMMMM SEXYYYYYY im getting a boner haha. the down side is that when i installed my new dvd player i was goin from 4v (peak) rca out puts to 5v(rms jvc claims) and didnt retune my amp for my subs...soooo the second night the damn units in and i cook my damn 3500 12...... (just an example that setting your gains is highly important)

but the good news is ill be coming back with 2 3500 12's for a price i cant mention yet. but the price included a brand new sub and a recone now all i am really waiting on is dynamat or fatt matt and im debating if i wanna jump my mid and high power to 125rmsx4

goal here 145+if not 150 db (off the dash of course)in a daily driven car with a what im hoping to be a killer SQ set up

haha 150 in a daily is gonna be hell.... i will no longer work or stay up a full 24hrs again the past 3 days have been hell.
            Members Ride sold...

Comment

damn that blows(pun intended). What about damplifier, have you checked that out? And 125x4rms....you might need that to keep up with the subs lol

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

the funny thing is i wonder how many kids are lookin at that 125x4 and goin thats all??? but thats 125x4 rms and thats 250 to tweeters and then 250 to mids mmmmm loudness... its awsome!!!! haha.

so i should be working on gettin heat in the cb but instead im organizing the like 2-3gs worth of tools. bummer. not really.

what do u think of 160sq ft of dyna matt xtreme for under 200???
                Members Ride sold...

Comment

where??? that's a hell of deal.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I'm so freaking envious. You make me want to sell one of the kids and use the money for better equipment. Get this shit finished and post up some video.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      where??? that's a hell of deal.
                      i cant say but i need to sell a kidney. lol actually i could get alot done after i sell the 18's but i wanna hurry and do the 5spd swap with an h tranny but dont sell the kids haha. just peice things together it takes times but worth it all when u get it.

i also have some body work to do because of the 8's i had at one point they warped the trunk a little.

BUT A WARNING TO ALL WHO PLAN ON GETTING LOUD.... there is a point where u have to learn to respect other with the volume of your music. also having a loud car will mean u will start breaking stuff and blowing stuff up. u just think im kiddin you wait lol.

there is a difference in ur car sounding loud and actually putting numbers up on a mic. my car honestly doesnt sound that loud out side but i will flat out jar around your lunch or dinner
                      Members Ride sold...

Comment

Working...
                      X