WIRING UP AN AIR HORN on a CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIRING UP AN AIR HORN on a CB7

Okay so i have a Hella Dual tone AirHorn with 2 trumpets and i need to know how to wire up the relay!

im having a really hard time with it so any help will be appreciated

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

What kind of relay is it?
    wat?

Comment

40 Amp SPDT Mini 5-Pin Relay

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Comment

they use normal 4 prong plug in relays. my brother just installed his triple horn kit from hella.

did you buy the kit used or new? im assuming used since ur asking about a relay. i will ask him if he still has the directions since the kit is prob the same. a "compressor" of some sort and 2 horns correct? should have some T's and hoses.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

should be power, ground, compressor, factory signal.

the relay shouldnt be rated at any higher than the factory fuse. so if the factory fuse is 20A then the relay is a 12V 20A relay.
          Last edited by bagoon316; 11-04-2008, 05:50 PM.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
            they use normal 4 prong plug in relays. my brother just installed his triple horn kit from hella.

did you buy the kit used or new? im assuming used since ur asking about a relay. i will ask him if he still has the directions since the kit is prob the same. a "compressor" of some sort and 2 horns correct? should have some T's and hoses.
            nah dude its brand new i have the instructions and they just show u pictures of how it goes, instead of walking you through it! of course this is what i got 30 and 86 to 12volts constant, blue/red wire from stock horn to 85 and 87 to the positive on the compressor.......still it sounds horrible, as in not like an air horn.

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
              the relay shouldnt be rated at any higher than the factory fuse. so if the factory fuse is 20A then the relay is a 12V 20A relay.
              that i didnt know......good look mah dude!

Comment

you get this working yet?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                  you get this working yet?
                  found out the compressor is messed up =/ i sent it back today so imma get a new one hopefully in 2-3 business days

hey u be on b20 rite!? cuz i've seen that wagon somewhere!

Comment

Damn... I guess you are going to "Blow Away" anyone that pisses you off on the road

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116662

Comment

Originally posted by KRIS05VVTi View Post
                      found out the compressor is messed up =/ i sent it back today so imma get a new one hopefully in 2-3 business days

hey u be on b20 rite!? cuz i've seen that wagon somewhere!
                      yup

doubleRdazz

Comment

Originally posted by Wutlis View Post
                        Damn... I guess you are going to "Blow Away" anyone that pisses you off on the road
                        lmmfao!!! u rite

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                          yup

doubleRdazz
                          kool

Comment

I had them in my car, they are loud and get attention, the only problem is that they are slow, takes a few seconds for the air compressor to fill and sound; I left the stock ones connected and they sound right away and then later the Hella's.
                            They stopped working after a couple years. I had them connected to my alarm and when alarm went off a few times you can hear them from a block away at midnight, was afraid people were going to brake my windows or call cops for so much noise.
                            When get money will buy the Hella Super tones, the red round ones that do not need an air compressor and work right away and are as loud or louder than the trumpet ones and with a nicer tone.

Comment

I have one of these in my car. Loud as f**k!!!

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                              X