Head unit mounting kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head unit mounting kit?

I bought a universal kit at Walmart, but it just doesn't cut it.

Can anybody recommend a good kit to use. I am trying to mount a Pioneer radio in my 90 Accord.

Thanks for the help,
    Gary

PIE.Metra, Scosche, American International

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

aren't the walmart kits scosche? did u modify it correctly by cutting the tabs?

Comment

ive personally used metra and american international both excellent kits metra more so remember you get what you pay for.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

i've used both metra and scoshe both were fine. the scoshe was cheaper though.

Comment

I used Scoshe in my accord, it fit in the car fine, but it was one hell of a pain in the ass getting the damn headunit screw holes to match up with the kit's holes.. I think I'm going to look into getting a Metra soon and switching..
            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

wal mart kits suck donkey balls, i forget the brand i bought but i pais $15 at best buy and it took me 15 mins to install. and its not that cheapo plastic like the wal mart kit. and yes you do get what u pay 4.

Comment

scosche(sp?), yeah thats what I got, sucks majorly. I have heard of metra before, I will try that or stop by best buy and pick one up from them.

Thanks for the help,
                Gary

Comment

hmmm i was looking on the scosche website and was going to get their kit.. good thing i saw this thread.

so metra is the way to go?
                  i found this: metra accord kit

14.99---think i could get it cheaper?

Comment

I got a kit from bestbuy this past weekend. Was about $18. Had good instructions to show what tabs were needed on the kit. If those instructions were with the other kit it would have been better. I think the metra or bestbuy kit would be the best bet. And having a dremel to get rid of the unneeded tabs made it a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by r0gergcm
                      hmmm i was looking on the scosche website and was going to get their kit.. good thing i saw this thread.

so metra is the way to go?
                      i found this: metra accord kit

14.99---think i could get it cheaper?
                      I work at circuit city, and we sell metra kits and they rock. $14.99 sounds about right. Ours usually average $16.99.
                      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

what kits to crutchfield send you when you order one from them???
                        Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

the best one ive ever bought ( ive had 3 ) was one i got for 9.99 at auto zone. it doesnt have the remote hole thing, instead its got a cutout for the EQ, or a cover for the hole, put the casing that goes around the cd player in the kit, put the kit in, then put in the cd player, simple and its the best one ive owned, doesnt budge and impossible to get back out without taking off the dash trim. if thats what u want that is

Comment

Originally posted by hampsternazi
                            the best one ive ever bought ( ive had 3 ) was one i got for 9.99 at auto zone. it doesnt have the remote hole thing, instead its got a cutout for the EQ, or a cover for the hole, put the casing that goes around the cd player in the kit, put the kit in, then put in the cd player, simple and its the best one ive owned, doesnt budge and impossible to get back out without taking off the dash trim. if thats what u want that is
                            Do you remember the brand name of that kit??
                            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Just go get one at Best Buy.

Or go to...

http://www.crutchfield.com

Comment

Working...
                              X