Window timer questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window timer questions.

Ok for us who have power windows, you notice that even after the key is out (until you open a door) the power windows still work for like 10min.

My question is, is there any way to tap into the 12v signal the windows get so that say even after the key is out, the radio or other component i choose stays on for 10 min. or until I open the door?

My dads 2000 olds intruige does this...

thanks.

Anyone? lol...

Comment

Now there's an idea. I may just look into this to find out. I have the electrical manual from Helms, so I'm sure I can find it...
      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Yeah I would look into it, but I dont have an electric manual...

Ill look in my hanes real quick and see if it has anything...

Edit: Ok looking so far it appears that the + comes through color/black wire going to fuses 30-32-33-34 for each window.

Ill try to see where we are from the fuse box.

Edit 2:More discovery!

It seems that from the fuses, the + 12v to open/ shut the windows comes through the window relay.

The relay is held open by a Yellow/green + wire going to Integrated control unit, and a ground. Which I'm guessing Is the end of the line for my Haynes.

NEXT: I need to test the yellow/green wire to see if we have 12v. If not I think we can jump the relay output for the windows, Fuse it, and run a +12 volt switched/ timed circuit!

GREAT SCOTT!
        Last edited by EJX_Michael; 09-21-2008, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Make sure you test the speaker ACC+ wire to see how much power it'll be pulling through that relay for the power windows.. the relay isn't built to be used for both the windows and the stereo, so stereos that draw more power through the ACC+ wire are more prone to blow the fuse that the relay runs through.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
          Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
          Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
          [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by mak View Post
            Make sure you test the speaker ACC+ wire to see how much power it'll be pulling through that relay for the power windows.. the relay isn't built to be used for both the windows and the stereo, so stereos that draw more power through the ACC+ wire are more prone to blow the fuse that the relay runs through.

-mak
            Good point!... I may try it first, and If the relay fails, Throw a heavy duty in its place. I don't think it should pull more than 10 amps, since the fuse on the headunit is 10 amp. Also the fuse for the radio in the car is 7.5... so gosh...
            It probably doesn't pull more than that!

Comment

I was thinking about this, but one issue I came up with is that the windows do not work with the key in ACC (I). The key has to be in the on/run (II) position, so if you tapped it off for the stereo, the key would have to be in the on position for the radio to work... So you would have to wore up sort of additional relay so that it only draws power from the window relay when the key is turned off and from the normal switched 12V when it is in ACC or ON
              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

near the bottom of the page.

very easy

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X