No announcement yet.

Car Alarm install question!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey thanks.... and dont worry that's the only thing left before i put it back together.

Thanks for the pin point info to. i should be able to find it. and i would say that the expedition was right about where i switched jobs and had been doing if for about 4 months... kinda new to it really. but i was told i am persistent enough for it, just need to pick up on some tricks...

Thanks again

Comment

I used wires in a conduit on the driver's side under the rear seat:

Ignore my RCA conduit in the lower left.

The trunk trigger and parking lights can be tapped there. Looks like your problem was already resolved, though.

Comment

It didn't work for me....

The unlock worked fine but the lock (same plug) didn't

It will work if i use the lock button on the door and even if i put the wire into the lock side of that button but not the black/white wire.....

i think the wire might be grounding out somewhere but it's too tight to get into there.....

can i tap into the passenger door lock to get the same effect?

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
          I used wires in a conduit on the driver's side under the rear seat:

Ignore my RCA conduit in the lower left.

The trunk trigger and parking lights can be tapped there. Looks like your problem was already resolved, though.

what wire colors did you use back there.... and those weren't for the door lock though right? that's all i need.... and do Cb's have a wired trunk unlock?

good news if they do

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
            what wire colors did you use back there.... and those weren't for the door lock though right? that's all i need.... and do Cb's have a wired trunk unlock?

good news if they do
            haha sorry to say, but no electronic trunk release. You'd have to wire a solenoid to do that. The trunk trigger wire, though, is important. It'll tell your two-way key fob when your trunk is/isn't open in the event of a break-in.

As for the wires, it was red/black for the parking lights (+), the trunk trigger was white/green (of which there are a couple, multimeter is very nice), and you might be able to get the door trigger there as well. That's all IIRC, a multimeter is really a must for this stuff.

Nothing here for the door lock, that's only on that two prong connector near the driver's side kick panel.

Comment

I figured as much... but i don't have anything in the trunk as of yet...

but i got the door locks to work.... the black/white wire didn't work still... i had to run a wire to the inside of the door right to the harness...

Comment

the locks it is in the car, i think it was a red/black and something if i post a pic you will shoot yourself.

but as for the trunk trigger the easier place is under the dash, in the HUGE white plug with the brown and green plug going up to the dash. main dash harness plug.

in the brown plug you will find the door trigger, black/white and in the green plug you will find the trunk trigger, i think green/black. both negitive triggers.

i actually did someones install on this site yesterday at circuit lol.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X