Radio Reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Reception

I have a kenwood radio/cd deck in my car and i cant get any radio receiption at all. I checked and the antenna appears to be connected correctly. Any suggestions?
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

There are a few things to check.

First off, make sure the antenna is plugged fully into your radio. Sometimes because of how short the cord is and how much space you have to work with it's hard to do. Also, the plug receptacle may be deeper than that whatever you replaced, may need more of a push.

Secondly, because of the age of our cars, sometimes the antenna cable itself can break on the inside if the previous owner really tweaked it during an installation. To replace the entire cable would be a bitch, so I don't think you want to try that first.

Third is replacing the antenna mast. The brass collar (on an auto mast) can become very corroded and hurts reception. When I replaced mine, I noticed a huge increase in reception right away.

I've also noticed that most aftermarket radios just didn't seem to perfom as well with reception as the stock radio. I've had a Boss, Jensen and finally now a Pioneer. The Pioneer unit is fantastic, amazing reception. Also, I've never had good luck with aftermarket antennas, they suck also.
    Bart: What's your name?
    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

I found a plug and play antenna booster on JCWhitney.com. http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P.../p-159/c-10101

I had the same problem as you do, since I got my new Alipine head unit, radio sucked ass. But after getting that booster, I can actually receive radio signals.

Comment

Working...
      X