viper alarm 791 starter install "help"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

viper alarm 791 starter install "help"

I had my alarm installed and the would not hook up the remote starter cuz my car is a 5 speed.so today i hooked it up my self and it dont work!! even if im in the carholding the clutch down.has any one done this before that can help thanx.i cant find what i should do with the neutral safty switch either.

My guess would be that the alarm requires the neutral safety switch to be activated so that it thinks the car is in neutral. Try pressing the switch and using the remote start. Is it a switch or just a wire?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

damn havent heard from u in awhile. hit me up on yahoo. did u paint your car?

Comment

did u hook up the relay =)

i forgot, tpham knows...he installed hella alarms
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Connect the neutral safety switch wire to any ground.

You can either use relays to interupt the clutch signals if you want to do it properly and so it still works as it should or if you don't give a rats ass about cruise control or about needing to depress the clutch to start then you could just jumper the upper switch.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

i heard about bypassing the clutch with a relay but how do i do it.
            im not to worried about cruise controll either .if u have done or know how to do either of these can u tell me how. thanks

Comment

bustedlx u out there

Comment

hey my bro did it on his 5spd awd turbo eagle talon ill ask him about it, he has it so u dont even have to press the clutch to start it and his works everytime, he also has the windows go down with a button too if u need help with that

Comment

Thanks I need it bad because i leave at 5am for work and i only have enough time to jump in and go .id rather it warm up till the idle drops before i go u guys know what i mean. and not to mention all the $$ the viper cost me.

Comment

remote start on a 5 speed is asking for trouble. Just be carefull.

Comment

Working...
                    X