No announcement yet.

help me out on sound system(pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check out alpine MRV-F450 its 50x4 and 200x1 at 4 ohms and is probably close to the cleanest amp u can get (probably looking at ~$450 for it unless u find it on sale or used) www.alpine1.com

the 4way sony 400W amp is probably a 100Wx4 amp. ive never seen a 400Wx4 amp. but anyways i would stay away from sony car audio stuff....they dont last very long and you can get better sound for the same price or even less sometimes.

i still dont know what u mean by trend. clear sound is all about ur equip and the THD(total harmonic distortion) and signal to noise ratios along with the sensitivity ratings of the speakers. as far as the sounds u hear...u have highs aka trebles (made by the tweeters), mids (made by the woofers) and lows (made by the woofers and subwoofers). there are alot of variables to consider when picking out audio equip to get decent sound. a little research would probably make you more confident in your buying decisions and its good that your asking for suggestions.
    Last edited by mixmatch; 09-06-2004, 02:25 AM.

Comment

thanks dude.
      the sony amp i was talkinga bout its 100x4. lol and the guy is selling it for about $100
      so what do u think i should do about it?
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

the 100w to the 6x9s shouldnt hurt them and it would work fine for the audiobahns (which ur probably will want to replace since ur not happy with them). so that amp could work for you. i dont know bout it being worth $100 though...guess it depends on how used it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...718026345&rd=1 that would be better quality than any comparable sony
        Last edited by mixmatch; 09-06-2004, 02:38 AM.

Comment

the guy is selling two of them.one 400w and the other one about 800w. he is asking for $100 for each. the reason he said is,,, that he is upgrading and needs all the money.

Comment

hmm wonder why he is upgrading and what he is upgrading to.

the 800w would be too much for ur speakers unless u used it for some subs.

if u got both those amps plus a box with 2 10"s or 2 12"s it would sound decent but i would think u would have way too much bass and not enough mids and highs unless u changed ur cabin speakers.

or u could get the 400w one and just replace ur front speakers with something that sounds better and youd probably be happy with that.

in any case, the sony stuff will work unless ur really picky on the sound/quality of components

Comment

right now i will make business with that guy and over $75 on the sony amp. i will use that for the midds and highs. then there is a guy who sold his system and now he has left only a 2 way 600w amp. but i don't know what kind of amp that is. he is selling it for $50. which is a good deal.
              but right now i will get the sonny and use it for my cabine speakers. save some money and get the subs and the 2 way amp for them.

Comment

Working...
              X