I need audio help on a non cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need audio help on a non cb7

My wife has a 1996 Caravan and when we got it the front speakers (in the dash) didn't work. It had a JVC Cassette HU, so I wasn't worried about it. I figured the last owner threw it in just so it had a stereo and I'd wire the fronts when I replaced the HU. I just did and still no front speakers. My next step is to check the speakers themselves, but I can't figure out how to get to them. I assume I pop the dash pad off, but I don't want to just start ripping crap out of it. Does anyone know how to get to them? Sorry if this should be in the other auto section, but I wanted to be sure the audio gurus that work on a variety of vehicles would see the post. I searched online, but all I could find was advice to consult the manual or pay some site for the info.

Thanks!

95, do you think you can post a dash picture?

if its waht im thinking the whole pannel on top comes off left to right...then you can get to the speakers.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech

if its waht im thinking the whole pannel on top comes off left to right...then you can get to the speakers.
      dont let that scare u its pretty easy just be gentle like with a virgin and youll be alright.... but yes is the van the old box's? or is it rounder like a shuttle???
      Members Ride sold...
      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

rounded ones..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech

What's 95 got to do with it? lol and yeah, it's the rounded one. I don't have a pic of the dash right now and the wife took it to her little brother's ball game, but the top of the dash is a seperate piece, and I can pry the left side up, but I don't wanna start ripping things off of it and then find out I could have done something easier. I'll start on it and see what happens I guess! Thanks everyone!

Comment

the top dash comes off.. Just be careful its old, crappy and probably sun damaged. Off the top of my head I cant remember any screws but I haven't done one in a while

Comment

if its the one that is the top, not like the older ones that were a boxy dash...

just frome one end...slip a type of prying tool, perferably plastic and start going across and everytime you feel resistance then thats a clip...keep doing that.

over the 5 years sinc ei been installing brittle or not i was never nice to those dashes and they never gave up on me heheh.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Suhweet! Thanks all. I guess I'll dive into it after I put in my header. She'll be happy she can listen without deafening the kids in the back seat, lol.

Comment

Working...
                X