No announcement yet.

Subs Not working right AMP wire help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some times going from speaker wire to like 8g or 4g wire will fuck up currents, just use 1 straight guage of wire.

J | D | M

"Sohc, one cam less, one cam lighter"

Vtec is overated anyways

Comment

Originally posted by dunatic315
      some times going from speaker wire to like 8g or 4g wire will fuck up currents, just use 1 straight guage of wire.
      wtf

Comment

in normal terms, just use one size wire.

dont use extensions.

J | D | M

"Sohc, one cam less, one cam lighter"

Vtec is overated anyways

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
          swap the rcas.. (between the no name and radio shack) from the left to the right on the hu and the amp and see if it swaps sides

the person with the accord said she was your friend ... But the cars at your house now was it just Butch's daughter

todd I switched the RCAS on the back of the radio since the engine noise was annoying.. so they are in the right spots. when I come home on the 18th ill have u take a look of it..

Yeah she hangs with my moma nd watches american idle.. shes NOT butches daughter

Comment

dont use extensions.
            it is all one wire.. speaker wire.

Comment

dont use extensions.
              power wire is all one size

Comment

replace your rca's

buy an amp kit, run all new wiring, make sure u fuse your power wire. properly ground it.

Member Ride Facebook
                XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                For Sale Thread

Comment

he is talking about power or ground. ground loop that is...i think engine noise is caused by a resistance in power from the source to the unit. using and jumping 4 to 8 guage wire and back on either positive or ground can cause this "voltage loss" but as well as other issues like rcas and stuff. its just the proper way.

hehe he already ran new wiring.

ay maple, just save up for a subamp...trust me with all 4 speakers bumping and a good sub with its own amp you will get more than you asked for.

What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

HEY UPDATE:

I have been fucking around with it and this is what I come up with. I keep the FRONT RCAS turn radio on and NO engine noise. I start the car NO engine noise at all.

I plug in the REAR RCAS for the subs and I hear engine noise through the speakers. I pull them out and the same thing.

SO i'm thinking the RCA's shit the bed or are bad or something. I might go to radio shack and get another set to match the front ones. Other then that everything is new.

Think that's what it is. and i still have the problem where if i stick ONE RCA in the amp it's louder then having 2 (but its still not at loud as it was)

So i'd have to stay the RCA is shit.

Comment

hehe thats what i said. go to best buy and buy theirs, its not bad and not a bad price.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                        hehe thats what i said. go to best buy and buy theirs, its not bad and not a bad price.

Negatory, I got new wires and it did not work! I'm pissed. So i have the new wires + the radio shack ones and its still doing it. But If i unplug the radio shack ones its fine, it's like if its not one set its the other

wtf?

Comment

swap sides on the amp.... use the rear for ur speakers and the front side for sub. doin this will et u know if its rca's or a bad amp
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

can be a bad connection internally in the amp. you needed new rcas anywaysw hehe. but yea swap the sides.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                            X