Subs Not working right AMP wire help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subs Not working right AMP wire help

Okay So i need some help. I have an alpine headunit, Infinity Speakers, Infinity amp, 2 12" Kicker Comp CVRs subs.

Okay Now I have a 4 chan infinity amp. I have my 4 speakers/ 2 subs powered off it. Yes I know I need to get a Mono amp which I am soon.

now, I had 50ft of orange extention cord running through my car (seen in pics) I forgot how my amp was wired.

So yeah I replaced the cord with some nice wire hooked it all up speakers sound good, but the sub doesnt work right. take a look at the pic on how i have it wired. What's wrong here? I took the 2 chan dedicated to 4 speakers. I put the 2 (-) wires together and the 2 (+) wires together.

Now for the subs. I have them both wired so I have one chan for one sub and the other chan for the other.

So why does it not sound right? When I put the RCA in the amp for the SUBS when i put both of them (white and red) nothing really happens. When I put only ONE (doesnt matter the color) in its got bass. But it's not as loud as it was.

So what's wrong here????????? ughhh

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited by Maple50175; 04-07-2008, 10:08 PM.

bump

Comment

Extension cord? You were asking for trouble. I would take every wire out and rewire it.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        Extension cord? You were asking for trouble. I would take every wire out and rewire it.
        x2

i been there..
        just buy a Amp Wire Kit or W/e at Best buy or Circuit City

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

no no the extension cord was being used as speaker wire... look at the setup in the pics.... at glances i notice that on the rear input .... u only had 1 rca plugged up u need 2 yo!
          Members Ride sold...
          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

are both of ur rca's plugged in at the head unit????
            Members Ride sold...

Comment

well if u plug in both rcas and get nothing, and get barley something with one...its probably a cheap ass rca grounding out internally. the reason it doesnt sound good with one rca is that it doesnt have a signal from both sides....

find a cheap set in your house and quickly sling a set from the deck to the amp and try it.

concider getting some better rcas and cleaning up the install (no offense).

man get a subamp cause that sub will slap wayyy harder when pushed right.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Other possibility is the sub drivers are out of phase. They looked proper at the amp, and at the one sub connection pictured, but no pic of the second sub connection. Personally that's were I'd start since they seem to work fine independently and its nothing to just switch the polarity of one driver.

Also that stereo/mono switch set to stereo? I think it would just do nothing if set to mono, but I'm up late so
                Last edited by Otto; 04-09-2008, 09:57 AM.
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

...good point.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

otto i see what ur saying but he isnt running the subs mono on the amp he is actually running it stereo.... phaseing, it would mainly sound funny shouldnt really effect output unless he has them wired both together.
                    Members Ride sold...

Comment

Oh, I know he's running stereo.
                      I notice a pretty big drop off in low-end output with out of phase drivers regardless of wiring scheme. I suppose I will concede to you'll knowledge here, seems you do a good bit more with audio than I do.
                      Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

get a subamp for a proper install...call it a day.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Yea i have new wiring but I head ENGINE noise only in the rear speakers. I don't think it's the RCA's though. Think it is? I have one no name brand and I have one radio shack brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                            Yea i have new wiring but I head ENGINE noise only in the rear speakers. I don't think it's the RCA's though. Think it is? I have one no name brand and I have one radio shack brand.
                            swap the rcas.. (between the no name and radio shack) from the left to the right on the hu and the amp and see if it swaps sides

the person with the accord said she was your friend ... But the cars at your house now was it just Butch's daughter
                            Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 04-09-2008, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                              get a subamp for a proper install...call it a day.
                              cant really call that proper thats more ideal.... if it was proper it would look alot cleaner and there wouldnt be a prob with runn what he has granted it wouldnt have much output.....
                              Members Ride sold...

Comment

Working...
                              X