Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new 12" sub, which is better?

Hey everyone,

just blew my sub, was a 1220w infinity reference, it hit pretty hard but sounded distorted, if i was going to buy a new sub off ebay, what would you suggest for alot of drum and bass?

Jesse

jl 10W7

Comment

Make sure you match the RMS of your amp as close as you can to the RMS of the speaker without giving the amp more RMS power than the speaker can handle and not giving the having the peak of the speaker under the peak of the amp.

Comment

Adire Audio Brahma

Check em out at...
        http://www.adireaudio.com/

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

That site looks like the biggest piece of shit out there! they want 1199 dollars for an amp and they wont even say what its power output is AHAHAH BULLSHIT!
          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
            A better amp.
            Not sure how this would help a blown sub though? i didnt say what amp i had.

Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
              Make sure you match the RMS of your amp as close as you can to the RMS of the speaker without giving the amp more RMS power than the speaker can handle and not giving the having the peak of the speaker under the peak of the amp.
              What about running 2 subs, just divide?

Jesse

Comment

www.judysdeals.com

delt with them.. good people

Get the Kicker Comp VR's

They pound

Comment

yeah the comp vr's are good, solobarics if you have room you can port it. adire audio is awesome. look into maybe some JL Audio W6's. not the W3's cuz they suck, by the w6v1 or w6v2 should be awesome.

or just get 2 10" Resonant Engineering SE's. www.reaudio.com

these subs are awesome

Comment

Hey man, dont judge the product by the website... I have 2 of the Shivas running off a JBL 600.1 amp and I love them!

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

definetly go with a w7 if you have the cash or a solobaric
                      FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
                        definetly go with a w7 if you have the cash or a solobaric
                        I have a 12W7, and I love it.

Comment

to be honest it all depends on how u like ur bass, the jl w7 is a great sub, as is the solobaric from kicker, but again it really comes down to what kinda of bass your looking for. One thing to remmember is with both of these subs, they do need alot of power, so dont bother spending the money on them, unless your amp can power them.

Comment

Working...
                          X