No announcement yet.

Tomorrow's Project: Clay bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright.. Thanks again for all the tips and suggestions everyone.. It really is a time consuming project.. Took me from about 12pm-4pm, between using the claybar, waxing, and then some back to black for the trim.. There was a 30 minute lunch break in there about halfway.. But other then that I was in the garage working.. So far it appears to be very much worth an afternoon of work. I had plans this evening so I didn't get too much time to admire it, in the sunlight. But there will be pics tormorrow.. Later

Comment

sweet

cant wait for piktars.

im thinking of doing the same. theres a service here, they come to ur house and clay ur car, but thats expensive.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

Teaser Pic

I am just getting ready to head out to get some pics, I snapped a few earlier just in my garage.. This one turned out the best and really shows what I couldn't see before.. Some metal flake in the paint.. So here is a Teaser pic to hold you over..

Later

Comment

now you need to polish the paint. you can see the reflections of the trees, but they are not clear like water. you should invest in a porter cable orbital buffer along with a cutting pad and a polishing pad and some power polish. after that, you should have some mirror reflections like this:

later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Yea I need what type G has...But then my paint is chipping so I dont bother lol.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion TypeG. I am going to look into doing that maybe next weekend..

Another teaser of mine:

The rest are up on my members ride thread.. Click on the picture in my SIG.. Pics are on Page 7, post #135.. Later

Comment

nice results

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I wish my paint looked like TypeG's but it's all cracked and then the roof has peeling clear coat. Do you use only mothers polished with the PC on your car typeg?

Comment

WOW!

I just looked at the pics in your MR thread and I am really impressed with the results. It's really brought the paint back to life.

I really like how clean you keep your car. How many hours did it take you?

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Damn Mike...shit looks good. MRT pics are looking good too

Id love to do that but, i got a rust spot or two to take care of, plus that damned spot on my rear door

Cleanin up!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                        now you need to polish the paint. you can see the reflections of the trees, but they are not clear like water. you should invest in a porter cable orbital buffer along with a cutting pad and a polishing pad and some power polish. after that, you should have some mirror reflections
                        What kind of Polish do you recommend? I have some Mother's Step 1, Power Polish.. I haven't used any of that since I bought it.. Also I have a 10" Random Orbital buffer/polisher, just need to buy some new bonnets for it.. LMK any suggestions.. Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                          What kind of Polish do you recommend? I have some Mother's Step 1, Power Polish.. I haven't used any of that since I bought it.. Also I have a 10" Random Orbital buffer/polisher, just need to buy some new bonnets for it.. LMK any suggestions.. Later
                          Most of those 10" polishers that use bonnets won't have any correcting power. What you should look into is a Porter Cable or Ultimate Detailing Machine. These random orbitals use a Velcro backing plate with foam pads. Each pad has a different level of aggressiveness, so that you can take out big scratches and light swirls or just wax your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                            What you should look into is a Porter Cable or Ultimate Detailing Machine. These random orbitals use a Velcro backing plate with foam pads. Each pad has a different level of aggressiveness, so that you can take out big scratches and light swirls or just wax your car.
                            That sound much easier then screwing around with bonnets.. How much does something like that cost just for the tool itself? What about the pads? LMK.. Later

Comment

The machines go for about 130-150, and the pads are around 10 dollars each, but sometimes they'll be sale for cheaper. If you get kit that will include a variety of pads. Most places will have an introduction kit with the machine, pads, a couple towels, and maybe a polish.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                                Most places will have an introduction kit with the machine, pads, a couple towels, and maybe a polish.
                                Now when you say places are you talking about home improvement stores like Home Depot or Auto Parts places like Napa or what? Where would I shop for one of these? I looked on Home Depot's website and found nothing besides sanders. lol. Later

Comment

Working...
                                X