No announcement yet.

engine/car detailing tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys I wa wondering if you can help me out with my hood, the clear coat is faded on it and i tried numerous amounts of products to get it back to the way it used to be but it just made it worse, i got a pic of it on my website, everytime i use the meguiars step 2 polish it just drys out the next day...

My webpage

Comment

perhaps u dont put a coat of wax over the polish..if u just put polish on, it wont stay on for long. but u do have an oxidized hood i think....maybe claybar may help a little...but also a medium cut cleaner would help as well.

how does it turn out when u put the polish on?
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by kings_blend
        Hey guys I wa wondering if you can help me out with my hood, the clear coat is faded on it and i tried numerous amounts of products to get it back to the way it used to be but it just made it worse, i got a pic of it on my website, everytime i use the meguiars step 2 polish it just drys out the next day...

My webpage
        My hood dose the same thing. Tommarow I think I'm going to:

Clay Bar
        Cleaner Wax
        Polish
        Gold Class Wax

I will let you know what that looks like.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

we should do a before and after shot.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
            we should do a before and after shot.
            Too Late

It Worked! I would post pics right now but it's a dark cloudy day. Maybe tommarow.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

[B]my hoods wax is gone sinc ei waxed it 2 weeks ago. i used the 3 step process (marroon bottles.). i dont know why its gone soo fast....but the rest of my car is fine. [B]
              their mirror glaze line (tan bottles) is the stuff you wanna buy

Comment

i got their mirror glaze line, but just havent tried it out yet. too lazy...lolz

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i got their mirror glaze line, but just havent tried it out yet. too lazy...lolz
                  Now how would you work that into the process?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

clay>cleaner>glaze(same thing as polish)/swirl remover>wax

Comment

i jsut did it...i stripped with dilluted dawn soap....

then i wiped it dry and re-stripped it.

then apply # 7 polish

wipe off good...

then apply high tech yellow wax.

so far soo good...the new wax i had on the fenders are the marroon bottles of mequires 3 step system....the area i just did with the pro series is much deeper and smoother than the rest...but im not sure how long it will last.

i didnt claybar cause my car didnt need it this time...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i jsut did it...i stripped with dilluted dawn soap....

then i wiped it dry and re-stripped it.

then apply # 7 polish

wipe off good...

then apply high tech yellow wax.

so far soo good...the new wax i had on the fenders are the marroon bottles of mequires 3 step system....the area i just did with the pro series is much deeper and smoother than the rest...but im not sure how long it will last.

i didnt claybar cause my car didnt need it this time...
                        No cleaner wax? I'm guessing your car didn't need it. How much better do you think the #7 polish is compared to #2 in the 3 step process?

Also have you ever used meguiars gold class? Is the high tech yellow way better?

As far as the claybar I don't think you have to use them that often. Do you throw your claybars away after 3 uses?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

i keep my claybar till it gets super supter hard...at least 6 or 8 uses....if it becomes really contaminated, i rip that part out....i still have one from a year ago. it still works, but takes longer, and u gotta watch out for crap in there that may scratch ur paint...9 cars, i havent had a problem. o and i use water LOLZ>..

i donno what cleaner wax does..i usually have problems with it in that it isnt curning and messes up the polish and wax coats..maybe u can explain, and i can try it.

# 7 to # 2 in the marroon really kicks ass...it shines MUCH better...but im still waiting to find out how long.

never used gold class....

do u use a buffer?

aim: pino401

---we gotta chat

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i keep my claybar till it gets super supter hard...at least 6 or 8 uses....if it becomes really contaminated, i rip that part out....i still have one from a year ago. it still works, but takes longer, and u gotta watch out for crap in there that may scratch ur paint...9 cars, i havent had a problem. o and i use water LOLZ>..

i donno what cleaner wax does..i usually have problems with it in that it isnt curning and messes up the polish and wax coats..maybe u can explain, and i can try it.

# 7 to # 2 in the marroon really kicks ass...it shines MUCH better...but im still waiting to find out how long.

never used gold class....

do u use a buffer?

aim: pino401

---we gotta chat
                            Damn 9 times! They say throw out after 3. I guess thats because they want you to buy a new one.

As for the cleaner wax it has never messed anything up for me. It just seems to give a little shine and make everything more frost white. It dose however make oxidized spots more visible but the polish always takes care of that.

How much more is number 7? I might buy that as well.

I don't use a buffer because I'm pretty quick by myself but I do have access to one. Maybe I will give it a try.

I put you on my buddylist. We will chat next time I'm on.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

damn we should of made another thread for this...

well i just dont throw things away...hehehe.

the meguires is 10 bucks...not cheap.

i buffed one time...polishing and waxing, and the shine came out SOOOOO much deeper...very beutiful..id just like to try it.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

just to clarify, medium or fine cut cleaners are not the same as cleaner wax, i'd never suggest using cleaner wax then polish

gold class is some good stuff, but it doesn't last too long

Comment

Working...
                                X