engine/car detailing tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine/car detailing tips

Well as I have said before I'm always looking for new ideas. I'm curious to know how you guys clean an engine bay. First I remove battery, ziploc over battery cords, ziploc over distributor, ziploc over fusebox. Than I cover in engine gunk and power spray. After that I shine with armor all. Anyone have any better ways?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Fizz,i have to hack.. how the fuck did you get leaves in the engine compartment? rofl your wheels kicking dirt into engine =P, i could understand if u meant onto the radiator, but in the engine compartment?

Comment

fo sho man. i just like to get you going and 9 times outta ten it works . get on aim bro i was gonna ask ya few performance things so i can learn a bit, since your the guru of this board on engines =)

Comment

i go to the local gas station...cover up my distribitor..start the car and soak it with simple green...everywhere...and then pressure wash it down with their hose and its spanky clean...

http://www.angelfire.com/ri/RacerInc/Img_0010.jpg

i pressure wash in all the cracks and even under the car.

i hate gunk..it stinks...
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
          i go to the local gas station...cover up my distribitor..start the car and soak it with simple green...everywhere...and then pressure wash it down with their hose and its spanky clean...

http://www.angelfire.com/ri/RacerInc/Img_0010.jpg

i pressure wash in all the cracks and even under the car.

i hate gunk..it stinks...
          Theres 2 diffrent kinds of gunk. The degreaser stinks like shit!!!! The other ones not that bad.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

oo...u know what..i think that anything that is used....when u top it off with a pressure washer..it will get dramatic results..maybe some smell lolz..
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

AGREED.

Pressure Washer >*

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

i pressure wash under my engine =)....i get under there and start spraying..gets it squeeky clean...

it may be stupid...but haha without all the gunk on there it runs 1 degree cooler lol..and its easier to work on it.

o dont hit a radiator with a pressure hoses..the new radiators bend...the old ones dont lolz...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I detail at a Dealership, and what we use to shine up the engine is a Vinyl and Leather Cleaner... Im really not sure what brand it is... but I would think just any spray on Vinyl and Leather clean would work...
                  -Chris
                  HondaSociety SN: HondaAdict

-1992 Honda Accord EX (Wrecked)
                  -1991 Toyota MR2 Non-Turbo (New Ride)

Comment

if you could find out. its a nice thing to know tho, thanks for the input on that..

Comment

as far as conditioners go, meguiars makes THE best cleaner/conditioner for vinyl and plastic... i can't imagine not having it, i've used a toothbrush and woolite on the interior and this meguiars stuff still cleaned it up better... i know, i'm anal

Comment

Meguiars just costs so much thought!

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

it sure does cost alot. but they last a while...and usualy what i do..if i need some more products..i charge the customer 20 dollars more so i can buy it lolz!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                            it sure does cost alot. but they last a while...and usualy what i do..if i need some more products..i charge the customer 20 dollars more so i can buy it lolz!
                            That seems like the right thing to do.

We need to figure out how to buy in bulk.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

u can buy it directly from meguires i believe.

my hoods wax is gone sinc ei waxed it 2 weeks ago. i used the 3 step process (marroon bottles.). i dont know why its gone soo fast....but the rest of my car is fine.

today im going to get a orbital polisher and then try that new wax on my hood and see how it lasts....after claybar of course =)...ill try a before and after shot for you

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X