engine/car detailing tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93LoProLX
    just to clarify, medium or fine cut cleaners are not the same as cleaner wax, i'd never suggest using cleaner wax then polish

gold class is some good stuff, but it doesn't last too long
    Isn't that how the meguiars 3 step system goes? Cleaner wax than polish?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

medium and fine cut cleaners are really for mis treated paint...oxidized/faded paint needs medium cut cleaner to bring back the shine....there is one called impreial glaze by 3m.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
        medium and fine cut cleaners are really for mis treated paint...oxidized/faded paint needs medium cut cleaner to bring back the shine....there is one called impreial glaze by 3m.
        Well my paint is a little oxidized. Should I replace my cleaner wax with medium cut cleaner?

When do you use just cleaner wax?

Gosh there is so much to learn!

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

well im not sure exactly how BAD ur oxidation on ur hood is. i only used meduim cut on a hood that had white oxidation and indeed it was pretty bad. but it worked. if urs is light oxidation then im not sure. i learn through experiance....

post a picture of ur hood...

ill see if i can find something, but for sure, the setup you have for ur car isnt cutting it..well for ur hood any ways.

http://www.teammeguiars.com/

just some thing to look at if u want to stay with meguiars for that oxidation, though if SHO was up id find t his product this guy was talking about that worked 100% for oxidation. you can contact mequires to see what you can do for your hood...i talked to them through email...pretty speedy service.

3m also makes great compounds for the paint, but i have only tried one of them for a seveere hood.

ill see what i can do.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

well im not sure exactly how BAD ur oxidation on ur hood is. i only used meduim cut on a hood that had white oxidation and indeed it was pretty bad. but it worked. if urs is light oxidation then im not sure. i learn through experiance....

post a picture of ur hood...

ill see if i can find something, but for sure, the setup you have for ur car isnt cutting it..well for ur hood any ways.

http://www.teammeguiars.com/

just some thing to look at if u want to stay with meguiars for that oxidation, though if SHO was up id find t his product this guy was talking about that worked 100% for oxidation. you can contact mequires to see what you can do for your hood...i talked to them through email...pretty speedy service.

3m also makes great compounds for the paint, but i have only tried one of them for a seveere hood.

ill see what i can do.
            My process right now is working to remove oxization. I'm just woundering when you use that medium or fine cut stuff.

Do you use it when oxidization is bad?

Do you replace the cleaner wax with it?

As of right now my oxidization is gone for the most part.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

cleaner wax, is kind of an all in one, it is wax though so you don't wanna put polish on after wax, because polish removes wax, cleaner compounds and pastes shouldn't have to be used unless you have oxidized or pitted paint. typically all you need to do is polish and wax the car whenever you think it needs it, claying really is a once a year thing (on average), and cleaners should be used even less since they are abrasive.

cleaner wax is not abrasive though and is good for those quick wax jobs when you really don't wanna go through all the work. Mothers is probably the best cleaner wax i've used, it's pretty cheap too.

Comment

so why is the cleaner wax in the 3 step system of mequires?

-cleaner wax
                -polish
                -carnuba wax?

it removes some of the contaminates on thre like light oxidation and stuff...but i have seen products that stand alone that say they are a cleaner wax where they protect as well, this is one thing i dont understand.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

so why is the cleaner wax in the 3 step system of mequires?
                  I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Originally posted by 5spdintegra
                    I don't think he knows what he's talking about.
                    cleaner wax and cleaner compounds & pastes are not the same thing i've bought the meguiars 3 step before that is not a cleaner "wax", i've tried a lot of different products, so i'm not talking out of my ass, i'm talking from experience

Comment

Originally posted by 93LoProLX
                      cleaner wax and cleaner compounds & pastes are not the same thing i've bought the meguiars 3 step before that is not a cleaner "wax", i've tried a lot of different products, so i'm not talking out of my ass, i'm talking from experience
                      Well meguiars calls it "Cleaner wax" so naturally thats what I want to call it.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

I dont drive my car = no dirty engine

Comment

heheh lets just not excape the fact that cleaner wax's have multiple purposes...their is the cleaning wax, and then a wax with a cleaner i believe.

from teammequires site:

"This amazing, nonabrasive cleaner safely removes bonded contaminants, light oxidation and light scratches and swirls. If the paint doesn't feel as smooth as glass, this product should be used before any other product in the system is applied.
                          team mequires
                          thats their step 1 cleaner wax.

this is mothers cleaner wax:

Original Formula Carnauba Cleaner Wax is designed to be the one-step plan for paint preservation. This special Carnauba Cleaner Wax is formulated to clean and protect in just one application. We used the same Brazilian #1 yellow carnauba that makes our Pure Carnauba Wax so special, and combined it with a light polish that will smooth minor flaws and make your paint snap. Carnauba Cleaner Wax is especially effective on fiberglass and gel coats. Available in long-lasting, easy-to-apply liquid or paste.
                          mothers site

so some compaines will call it a cleaning wax becuase they have a all in 1 cleaner and wax. but mequires has it only to CLEAN up the crap thats on the hood. hehe weird huh?

-mods...anyone know how to seperate this forum so that all of our discussion about this subject can be put into another thread?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

just found out that mequires has a cleaner wax, and a CLEANER WAX.

they have a cleaner wax for the 3 step system but ALSO have a cleaner wax that has a polish and a wax in 1.

When it comes to raves, no other car wax in history has received such enthusiastic endorsements. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax is America's best selling cleaner wax as well as America's best selling liquid wax. In one step, this legendary product cleans, polishes and protects the paint...

http://www.teammeguiars.com/productline.asp?c=4

thats the page, check that out....

i think i had a problem before with the cleaner wax cuase it didnt say step #1. it just said cleaner wax...thats why when i put polish over it i had a hard time!!

hahah u learn new things every day huh...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

we changed the title, we couldnt seperate the threads, so we changed the tittle to help future people who search for it, if ur wondering... hehe

Retro!

Hater

Comment

just found out that mequires has a cleaner wax, and a CLEANER WAX.

they have a cleaner wax for the 3 step system but ALSO have a cleaner wax that has a polish and a wax in 1.

When it comes to raves, no other car wax in history has received such enthusiastic endorsements. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax is America's best selling cleaner wax as well as America's best selling liquid wax. In one step, this legendary product cleans, polishes and protects the paint...

http://www.teammeguiars.com/productline.asp?c=4

thats the page, check that out....

i think i had a problem before with the cleaner wax cuase it didnt say step #1. it just said cleaner wax...thats why when i put polish over it i had a hard time!!

hahah u learn new things every day huh...
                                Damn thats what I'm using. I need to go buy step 1.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X