Tire dressing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4drcord
    first of all never never spray tire dressing. there is no way to control it. the proper way to do it is to get a huge sponge and cut it to contour to your tire sidewall. then spray the dressing onto the sponge. make sure there is nothing around you so that the wind wont carry the overspray to anything you dont want it on such as you CAR. then apply it to your car as needed. this will not fly off the wheel on to your paint ever. the tire will soak it up perfectly. this is a very clean way to do this. also saves your rims too from the overspray.
    They make special sponges just for what your saying. I guess I should invest in some.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

i use a kitchen sponge...lolz im cheap to buy a real one.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
        i use a kitchen sponge...lolz im cheap to buy a real one.
        You know what... I bet it works just as good. Screw spending more money. I will just steal one of my Moms sponges.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

im savvy when it comes to anything..even my car, but i make the best of it. tune up next week!! car meet next sunday!! making the car shine now =)

u should see my car right now...there is bird crap like there is no tomorrow....dust like whoa...and a bug that wont move. its soo nasty...did i mention the sap?? haha.

***my neighbor uses this foam on and walk away stuff...man it keeps his tires black and it lasts forever! i never seen it come off as well, or having dirt stick to it...
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yea you can buy one or make one for like 99 cents. all still very good. you also can touch the tires up after when it fades a little depending on how saturated your sponge is. ive had mine for like three years and its still full of dressing

JDMED

buy my jdm part
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Originally posted by 5spdintegra
              What do you suggest?
              I Suggest mcquires tire gel.. doesnt spray off.. apply with the little foam pads you buy that are called Tire Swipes..

Comment

i spray the tire shine on in the last step of the process of washing my car. i clean my tires off with soap and a brush first. then i spray it on and let it get pretty dry. then, even though it says you arent supposed to touch it, i use a rag t-shirt and wipe it into the rubber and wipe off any that got on the car. i find this makes the shine look nice and even on the tire instead of being all spotty.

Comment

Working...
                X