Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire dressing...

well lets warm up this forum..

whats a good tire dressing...some people like it glossy, some like it natural...everyone likes it to last for a long time.

so if u can tell me how shinny it is (type of shine..gloss...natural..etc.), if its stickey at all...and if it last long, or even if it comes off while driving.

i use mequires vynal/rubber protectant...and with my brake dust it dont last but its a beutiful shine.

anything can help...

What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

interseting.

I use armor all clear coat spray. Seems to work well. Fades away for me in a few days though.
    Daily Driver Cb7
    H&R sports springs, KYB Gr2 shock, Rebuilt F22a Head

05 civic Si Track Car/Weekend car
    G-Force Stage 3 clutch system, G-Force 12lbs Lightened Flywheel, Hayame Full Coilovers, Spc Camber Kit, Progress rear sway and Tie combo, J's racing rear strut bar, Neuspeed front strut bar, Aem V2 intake, DC header, Test pipe, 2.5 custom catback piping, Ctr Front lip, Ctr Wing, Double sided Carbon Fiber Hood, Seibon Carbon Fiber Trunk, Nitrous Express 80 shot.

Comment

I just bought a thing of black magic tire shine. It was a huge bottle and it was the same price as everything else so I thought I would give it a try. I will post pics later.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

i just rememberd i have a huge bottle of black magic. i tried it once and hated it...iono maybe it was the one i got...i used it once and never again...it didnt go on evenly..and sprayed on thick...i think ill just use this for detailing peoples cars i dont know LOLZ.

i need to detail my car again..its dirty.

let me know how it worked for u..maybe ill give it another try
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

That Meguire's "Endurance" is pretty good... Supposed to last for weeks- even in the rain (haven't been raining much here, though)... Tires stay black for some time... Got some bottles for free, so I'm not griping...

The stuff smells like grape soda... lol

L8z-
          Jay
          "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

Well I just used the stuff and it's not too bad.

It's pretty thick like a gel so it protects pretty good.

Compared to basic armor all which I used in the past it's better. So on a scale from 1 to 10 I will give it a seven.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

does it come off...or fly off on the paint..or does dirt stick to it?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Ya I think I did fly on to the paint and collect dirt. It's keeping the tire shine though. I think I'm going to stay with it. It's the best bang for the buck.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

stay away from most of the spray on tire dressings because they will spin off onto the paint and onto the rim, it looks good if your not moving, but once it sprays and picks up dirt, it looks like complete ass.

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                    stay away from most of the spray on tire dressings because they will spin off onto the paint and onto the rim, it looks good if your not moving, but once it sprays and picks up dirt, it looks like complete ass.
                    What do you suggest?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

yeah, speaking of which, it was funny when i picked up the car back in 1993, the dealership had a detailer come in and shine up the car and stuff.

looked nice and all. a week or two later when i decided to wash the car, it looked as though the tire dressing they used spun off and because i didn't have rear mudguards at the time, it got all over the sides of my rear bumper. couldn't buff it out for the life of me. so i took it to the dealership and they had to repaint the bumper

of course right after that, i got the mudguards and they've been on ever since.
                      Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Originally posted by usc
                        yeah, speaking of which, it was funny when i picked up the car back in 1993, the dealership had a detailer come in and shine up the car and stuff.

looked nice and all. a week or two later when i decided to wash the car, it looked as though the tire dressing they used spun off and because i didn't have rear mudguards at the time, it got all over the sides of my rear bumper. couldn't buff it out for the life of me. so i took it to the dealership and they had to repaint the bumper

of course right after that, i got the mudguards and they've been on ever since.
                        Holy crap. That must have been some strong ass stuff to just stick to the paint like that! I bet they didn't use that detailer for to much longer.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

you betcha.

but seriously, my 195/60r15 tires couldn't look any prettier. ugly, fat spongy tractionless tires they were.
                          Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

well. your fault without the mud guards cheif, (j/k they musta mixed some checmicals that are good for shine but deadly for paint.)

Comment

first of all never never spray tire dressing. there is no way to control it. the proper way to do it is to get a huge sponge and cut it to contour to your tire sidewall. then spray the dressing onto the sponge. make sure there is nothing around you so that the wind wont carry the overspray to anything you dont want it on such as you CAR. then apply it to your car as needed. this will not fly off the wheel on to your paint ever. the tire will soak it up perfectly. this is a very clean way to do this. also saves your rims too from the overspray.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Working...
                              X