Interior detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior detail

Well we need some interior detailing threads so here it goes.

Heres my process:

1.)Take everything out of the car(as in garabge, owners manual, garage door opener, floor mats ect)
    2.)Attack the vinyl with all purpose cleaner and a brush.
    3.)Vaccum.
    4.)Carpet and Upolstry cleaner(I use gunks but looking for better)
    5.)Stain Remover(looking for a good one)
    6.)Vaccum again
    7.)Armor all wipes on all vinyl(need something better)
    8.)Armor all Leather wipes (if needed)
    9.)Clean glass(some special foam stuff, works good!)

Thats my process.

As you can see I'm looking for a few new products because mine are not working as great as I hoped.

Suggestions would be great!

www.SnowSuperStars.com

ahh shit sonnyboy, you's is makin it way too complicated. all you's needs is a good ol' spit shine and that car of yers will be lookin mighty fine, like a prize cow fresh off thur farm of yers.

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Wow your ***...... j/k

Anyway........someone else please?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

well i just did a lincon navigator with horrible dirt. the floor was brown..but when i got it, it was really black. the floor was really thin, just like any other new car...so i took a rag and some 'prestone' carpet cleaner and sprayed and rubbed...also before i vacumn of course.

sincei use a rag..i scrub and then its pretty dry...just dont do it in the sun or else it will starch.

now the navigator is very clean....very shinny...took me 5 hours for the interior...leather took me 2 hours.

on the vynal and stuff..i use first a mixture of a drop of dawn soap and a tupperware of water. then use a white sponge (looks like an SOS sponge) and scrub lightly the vynal. then i wipe immediatly...this takes off the crud and scrubs into the material. afterwards its nice and i top it off with meguires vynal/rubber protectant. i use only 1 coat...i hate shinny and sticky stuff...this one product is very nice and u can control the shine wiht how many coats u put on. when i put it on i spread it evenly and it looks like there is a small coat on the material...but not hecka shinny and noticable. it just looks natural.

tip....if u put armorall or anything on dash..clean it first so that it will look nicer.

prestone worked for me...hasnt killed me yet....if things get tuff...i use carpet cleaner for the house like kirby...mix with water and its done.

i tried soo many products...but luckly this prestone stuff was my first and last..(i dont get that spray and walk away crap)

i usually try to keep a before and after pic..but really i didnt on this one...but that carpet and that door was super dark tan...the carpet was black filth...just imaging people walking in with dirty rubber shoes like there is no tomorrow and greese.

i coiuld of done alot better on this car..but i was tired =)...not mine lolz.
        Last edited by accordztech; 09-18-2003, 02:07 AM.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Looks good!

I bet it feels good to be done. I think I will switch to the meguiars vinyl stuff. What do you apply it with. Also I'm going to try your carpet technique.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Working...
          X