** #1 METAL polish **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** #1 METAL polish **

we all have tried brands from mothers, meguiars, etc.; to polish up parts that are stainless steel, chrome, aluminum, anything that deserves to shine.

here's what happened:

a couple weeks ago, NY had a light snow flurry in which i had left my car outside of the garage. the following day, i decided to rinse of the wheels and noticed that the polished lip was not polished no more. i tried mothers, brookly ball buster.. and nothing worked. the lip of the wheels looked as if the residue had etched into it. anyways, i went crazy not knowing what to do and after receiving some tips from oneoffaccord and TypeG (thanx fellaz) i decided to do some research of my own.

i found a brand called English Customs. for some reason, their site still exsists, but when i tried calling them, the number was not in service
    so i found an online shop www.topoftheline.com
    that sells their products. i ended up buying the Metal Polish & Restorer and the Custom Show Blend.
    the metal restorer fixed my problem(s) and literally brought out the grime in all the other parts i polished out. and i topped it off using the Custom Show Blend to give it that final shine.

*note: i did not use any mechanical tools to buff the polish out. it was done by hand with an old 100% cotton tee. i could just imagine how it would look if i had the buffing tools TypeG uses

Last edited by PRIMOCB7; 12-23-2005, 10:33 PM.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

good to know once i have my rims on ill be using this. also why are you still with rims in the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
      good to know once i have my rims on ill be using this. also why are you still with rims in the winter?

why not ??
      i don't let the winters get to me. last time i checked, snowfall in NY isn't as bad further north; and the car hardly comes out during the winters anyway.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Looks good I wonder if the Polished look lasts longer than mothers does, if it does I'll definitly give it a try.
        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

maybe your problem was more severe than mine.. but after a day of driving in the salt and snow, my rims no longer had a polished lip.. the salt looked as if it had embedded itself into the lip.. mothers took it out eventually.. had to really use some force though..

V-TAK FTW!!1!

Comment

Working...
          X