whats the best way to clean shiny mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the best way to clean shiny mufflers

i got an apexi ws2 and the shine on the tip is fading away just wanted to know some tips or what you guys use to maintain that shinyness

mothers has two- aluminum polish and the slightly more expensive billet aluminum polish. i've used both, and they're alright. i've got a liquid polish called "The Brooklyn Ball Buster" from a local speed shop in Rockville, NY, which IMO, outpolishes and outshines the mothers brand. i use that on my WS1, radiator, cai, and on the lip of the wheels.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
      mothers has two- aluminum polish and the slightly more expensive billet aluminum polish. i've used both, and they're alright. i've got a liquid polish called "The Brooklyn Ball Buster" from a local speed shop in Rockville, NY, which IMO, outpolishes and outshines the mothers brand. i use that on my WS1, radiator, cai, and on the lip of the wheels.
      LOL Brooklyn Ball Buster!!! I may want something like that for my short ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
        LOL Brooklyn Ball Buster!!! I may want something like that for my short ram.
        i said the same thing when a friend first told me about it. but i went to S-K Speed in Rockville Centre, cost about $20; and there's no comparison to it.
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I go there all the time, its like 2 minutes from my house, i will pick some up the next time i go. Thanks

Comment

Blue Magic also works extremely well. Polishes right up to a mirror finish without requiring much effort at all.

I think with the WS exhaust though, the discoloration is probably because it has a single wall exhaust tip. If it is starting to turn gold, there isn't much you can do about it. That is just what happens to stainless steel when it is exposed to heat.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Can this Booklyn Ball Buster be found anywhere else other than the afrementioned shop?
              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                If it is starting to turn gold, there isn't much you can do about it. That is just what happens to stainless steel when it is exposed to heat.
                not true. it does turn a golden color, but you can do something about it. my heatsheild turns golden every 1000k miles. i just buff it with a drill and some mothers:

later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                X