clay bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clay bar

i just thought that i'd let you guys know that i just finished using this on my car and man what a difference. granted you do have to follow it up with a cleaner wax(provided in the box) and prolly a polish of some sort(haven't done this yet). but i tell you that for a 92 that looked like the only thing ever done was wash and an occasional wax(maybe 2 times a year) it made a big difference. i think im going to do my gf 99 prelude this weekend b/c it already looks good.. i can only imagine when i finish with it. thought i'd give my 2cents on the meguires clay bar
    1992 4 door lx auto
    gray with burgandy interior
    stock with gutted air box

That shit is way nice. It works by lifting out contamination in the paint and really brings out the original shine, did the bottom of the bar lok dirty as hell? if so thats all the road grime and poluttion fall out and dirt and years of shit that has collected in the clear coat. Recommended at least once a year

My Ride
    myspace

Comment

how much for th kit and were can i get it?

Comment

There not to expensive, if i had to guess id say at most 20 and im sure you can get a meguires kit at wally world. wash car WELL, clay bar, buff, wax. you can skip buff if you want but in my expierance as a detailer the clay bar will leave little tiny surface scratches that easily com out with a good buff. To cut down on that take the clay and work that dirty shit into the bar and continue

My Ride
        myspace

Comment

just thought i'd share with you that i picked it up at advanced auto and it was $16.75. i looked while i was at wal-mart this morning and they only had the meguires cleaner wax, not the kit itself. i was able to do mine and my gf's prelude with the one kit. the spray and cleaner wax were both almost empty and the clay looked like shit so i threw it all away. with her 99, she didn't have near the contaimenents that i had, so hers is like glass now.
          1992 4 door lx auto
          gray with burgandy interior
          stock with gutted air box

Comment

WOW.....clay bars really are great! I'm in the process of using it on my car. It's been 4 hours and I'm still on the drivers side almost to the fender (started with the back and moved my way to the drivers side). Whoever had my car didn't take care of the paint that well. But man, is this thing taking stuff off! I did my back driver's side door, and stepped back and looked and the driver's door looked like shit!

I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a nice looking car. I can't wait to get down with the clay bar then wax it!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

I hope you guys are mixing the clay well by folding it 2-3 times while your clay your cars. If your clay is really dirty/dark when working it, FOLD IT!!! You're just dragging crap along your paint! Fold it a couple of times and keep going. I've worked with clay for years, soooo much easier than using a cleaner wax.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyToast
                I hope you guys are mixing the clay well by folding it 2-3 times while your clay your cars. If your clay is really dirty/dark when working it, FOLD IT!!! You're just dragging crap along your paint! Fold it a couple of times and keep going. I've worked with clay for years, soooo much easier than using a cleaner wax.
                That's what directions are for Of course I fold it after each little section.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                91 accord lx (5spd)
                92 accord lx (5spd)
                93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

sounds like i just might have to finally clay my car.. *crosses fingers for now arkansas heat waves*

Comment

yup yup that shit ownz. also break the clay in pieces just in case you drop the clay you only wasted a small amount. if you drop your clay throw that shit away.

Comment

Working...
                    X