new door same color what options do I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new door same color what options do I have

So after searching through 2 wagon's, 2 sedans (mulberry peril) at 2 yards I found a replacement door for my other one that had major bondo problems and a nice break in frame bend out (which lead to water leaks and air noise).

What I pulled was another Mulberry red though this one has definitely seen better day's while its not as bad as a phoenix red on a mulberry car its a good shade lighter due to sun damage is there anything other than a new paint job to dull it out and bring it closer to the car's current color?
    I will get a picture of it in the morning

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

try a good compound, polishing it will bring the color's pop back alot

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201008

Comment

okay its just a tad lighter than the fender and door so I will try that out and see where I get

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
      Do it once, do it right.
      Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
      Missing My
      White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7_Qc View Post
        try a good compound, polishing it will bring the color's pop back alot
        This.

If you want to get the closest results and you don't have a real polisher/polishes, find a local detailing shop that specializes in paint correction (not just a place that offers to wash/wax your car for $100) and see what they can do.

If you want to go down a never ended black hole, check out the Autopia forums.

Comment

If it is a seperate clear and basecoat. I'm not real sure there is much you can do. All the work will be done on the clear. If it is one of the combined base/clear paints you may be able to do something.

Pics will help some. I have a door with some damage and I asked several body shops if they could match it. They said they could paint the hood and trunk but the door would require some blending on the adjacent panels to match well.

steve

Comment

Working...
          X