Paint Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint Protection

I am moving soon, and was wondering if putting saran wrap on the front bumper would hurt the paint. I doubt it would but i just wanna make sure b/c i dont wanna ruin my paint. I gotta drive from atlanta to orlando and dont want to get a lot of bugs stuck on my front bumper just so it is easier to clean and all. If anybody knows if this would be safe for my paint please lemme know.

hahahahahahahaha, yea, that'll be fine.

you may have just thought of a way to cut car maintanance in half, saran wrap the whole car!!!! you'll never half to wash your car again!
    I........love my car. Simple as that.

Comment

eh best way to test it is to get some piece of plastic and put it in the sun. Something in my heads telling me that it could be a very bad idea, but I don't know fo sho.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
        eh best way to test it is to get some piece of plastic and put it in the sun. Something in my heads telling me that it could be a very bad idea, but I don't know fo sho.

naw, shrink wrap will leave a residue, for sure.
        but saran can't do anything. think about how many housewives put saran on top of a hot casserole in a glass dish. it doesn't leave a mark on the glass, so paint SHOULD be ok as well.
        I........love my car. Simple as that.

Comment

get this man some facts he is hella dedicated to his car though i think it should be fine i think someone who knows the material better would be of more help, you get a big from me for being so dedicated

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

use blue painter tape

Comment

Originally posted by vtec93accord
              I am moving soon, and was wondering if putting saran wrap on the front bumper would hurt the paint. I doubt it would but i just wanna make sure b/c i dont wanna ruin my paint. I gotta drive from atlanta to orlando and dont want to get a lot of bugs stuck on my front bumper just so it is easier to clean and all. If anybody knows if this would be safe for my paint please lemme know.
              a couple of sheets/layers of saran wrap should do you fine.

a member of importatlanta.com needed to drive her show civic to a show out of state, and that's what she did... it worked fine, didn't hurt the paint at all, and protected it. it looked silly, but did the job.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

use foil, it would look like a space ship
                Last edited by Accord_droccA; 03-31-2005, 07:34 PM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=accord_drocca

Comment

I would prolly use painting tape, but im sure the seran wrap would work.

Comment

heat shrink wrap from your dealership. it's white and comes on the new cars when they are on the trucks.. costs about $30 a roll and thats more than enough for 2 cars or so. you can get it from a dealership or a paint store.

i was gonna put it on my bumper when i drove from ohio to florida.. but didnt and have no chips.
                    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

nice dedication, i would do what rebel's suggest
                      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Well that seems like a good idea, i will be coming back and forth every now and then to visit so i might as well go ahead and buy that stuff to use for future travels.

Comment

it's just small rock chips if anything.. it's prone to happen. seems like too much trouble IMO.. i didnt get any chips in my fresh paint.. and your paint has been on there for 12 years.

Comment

I got my car repainted not even a year ago. It definetly dont look like original paint from the pic in the sig.

Comment

your paint does look hella nice.. but you can always respray the bumpers. i used to be very picky but the more you worry.. the more stuff happens and shit.

i've got 4 layers of base and 2 layers of pear, and 4 clear coats on my bumper.. so its hard to get chips but you'll be fine man. florida highways aren't rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X