Buffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffers

Who uses them? Are there any cons to using them? Only thing I could think of is maybe it's harder to get to some spots.

Your guys thoughts?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

they can be messy if you use em to apply the wax, they're really only good for buffing stuff off, and i wouldn't suggest using one unless you've used one before, because it's easy to create swirl marks, and some times you can even burn the paint, really the only pro is that it's quick

Comment

if u dont want a mess what u do is put a little on the foam pad. then rub into the paint in a circle so that the excess is spread on the pad, then turn it on.

high speed polishing gets MORE of a shine out of a car and removes MORE blemishes and imperfectiosn that normal hands can.

i am concidering polishing my car with a orbitab buffer...really concidering it.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ok

i always hear people talking about "i just spent 2 hours buffing my car today" then i ask "what did you use" and they show me this $50 or cheaper "polisher". these can be purchased at checker, VATOZONE, sears, etc. there are 2 types a wax aplicator and a polisher. they are the same but spin at diff. rpms. the polisher will spin faster than the aplicator. the aplicator is just for those of you who dont want to move your hands in a circle. its very helpfull though. now to the main point. "BUFFERS" should cost at least $100+ for a paint shop quality one. they came electric and pnumatic. they spin 10x the rpms faster then the polisher and aplicator do. i real buff job consist of "buffing" then using a sealing wax that can be put on with your hand or a aplicator. Since you just made the clear coat almost like new by buffing it, it will require protection (sealer wax). so the order of lowest rpms to highest rpms is aplicator-polisher-buffer. the reason for the high rpms is because you need friction to make heat, heat melts the paint and smooths it out. i have actually seen in real life someone smooth out a run in clear coat by heating up the paint with a buffer and re distributing it in circles. no joke. i guess this is all.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

I used the Meguiars stuff...looked great.
          + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

good article to read (thanks accordztech):
            http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/det...1430487&page=1

i recently purchased a porter cable 7424 6 inch random orbital/buffer

if you have the right pads (non wool), you won't "burn" through a clear coat.

now that i purchased a random orbital/buffer, i don't see how i ever did without one. i've used it with pleasing results on my car, as well as a friend's car, and it has pretty much already paid for itself.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Actually there are 3 types of buffers out there, you have your cheapy orbital that you get from the local wal-mart, you have dual purpose buffers that you can usually find at a decent hardware store and finally, the best but most expensive Rotary buffer, if you do decide to spend the cash on a rotary buffer I suggest any of the nikota's I find that their trigger is the easiest to flow through speeds in. variable speed triggers are the only way to go.

Comment

i love mine, and yeh it doesnt get in all the little places but it sure does speed up the time. another con, dont leave it in one place too long or use the wrong bonnet or u wont have paint left! be careful. or u can do it the old fassioned way and get buff!

Check Out My Car

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
                  Actually there are 3 types of buffers out there, you have your cheapy orbital that you get from the local wal-mart, you have dual purpose buffers that you can usually find at a decent hardware store and finally, the best but most expensive Rotary buffer, if you do decide to spend the cash on a rotary buffer I suggest any of the nikota's I find that their trigger is the easiest to flow through speeds in. variable speed triggers are the only way to go.
                  which nikota rotary do you have? I've been shopping for a rotary to use and I recently got a porter cable 7336sp and i'm considering returning it and getting a rotary since my friend also has a pc i could always borrow his.

Comment

I have a PC and I LOVE IT. Applying wax is actually fun. Just be careful with a rotary, if you use tooo much pressure, it'll burn the paint causing a halographic effect which looks really bad in the sun. You'll always get a much deeper shine with a rotary. Also rotaries are the only effective way to remove scratches.

Comment

Working...
                    X