Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bringging 1pc stanely lights back from the grave

fixing some 1pc headlights?

ok heres the deal my one pc got smashed up bad i boguht another single light off guy on here "i knew his was broke already and ian happy with his shipping and price and all that anyways how hard is this going to be to fix? iam guessing i just need to cut the good out of my old smashedone and jbweld into the new headlight?

while i have the lights apart might as well blkhouse and retrofit them
    Last edited by accord2nr81; 09-28-2007, 12:05 AM.

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Dude that looks like a pain in the ass.......

Comment

I'd say it's possible with a hacksaw but you have to make extra sure that it's sealed all the way around.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Good luck with that project buddy.
        Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

I admire your project and it is indeed possible. I brought back a pair of 92-93 Foglamps that I found at a junkyard that came from an accord with a front end collision. The lens were perfect however the back housings were cracked and some pieces were gone. I made a mold of my back pieces with fiberglass/clay and it looked brand new and was leak proof. I have pictures somewhere on the msg board but yeah....

It's also funny you bring this up coz I recently found some One pieces at the junkyard that are in more worse condition than what you shown. The lens are definately broke but I'm going to repair the backhousings for a different project. I'll let you know my progress in this thread when I start

I am the Yakuza CB7!
          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
          1994 Prelude V-Tec
          1999 CL 3.0
          2000 Prelude
          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

i will keep posted on my progress as well

But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

wow... bro i just got to see the end of this one.... I hope u do a good job to make me get off my ass and try it... Good luck....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

thats my remaining headlight =)

anyways dude i think its pretty easy....id just learn how to use bondo and then bondo that area up with fiberglass and then caulk the rest. sine you are doing a retro

or since urs is banged up, and mine isnt take off a 2x4'' area off of urs that mine is damaged on, and then take a 2x4'' area off of mine and then kinda join it together. little bit of sanding and glue should work.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

just make sure it doesnt leak and i dont see how you can go wrong with doing this.

good luck man.

what i would do is say, screw trying to piece the old ones together and go ahead and slice off the bulb mount from the donor, and just build new material around the bulb mount. This way you dont have to worry about every piece fitting snug.

Comment

UPDATE
                    well i decided not to do a retro cause i couldnt really find what i wanted so i just fixed the back of the housing and blked them out and did yellow highs and lows here are the startting to the finished pictures

Comment

cool...

what glue is that? is that JB weld?

I need to get going on my retrofit.

DEVOTE

Comment

yea its jb

Comment

How good job. That turned out great!

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                            How good job. That turned out great!
                            thanks :P i still might do a retro fit if not i know iam atleast going to do some low and high beam hids

Comment

Bump for some great work. Glad you didn't give up on your one pieces, cuz if it was me I would've said f**k it and thrown them away They look great
                              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Working...
                              X