Brighter 1157 for Bumper Light Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brighter 1157 for Bumper Light Conversion

I've had my bumper lights wired always on for almost a year now, and I love how they look at twilight, however, I've never been very pleased with my bulb color. I have a generic hyperwhite 1157 bulb in there as I did the socket conversion rather than the relay route. If you look in the picture of my car at night in the downloads, you can see its almost a murky greenish yellow. It looks okay and all, but I've always wanted something a little more hyperwhite...when the bulb blinks it looks fine, and I love the color then. I didn't know if anyone knows of a bulb that will produce a better color, or any way of maybe beefing up the power supply to the bulbs. I don't really want to do the 1156 relay conversion as I know it may eventually melt your harness...but I didn't know if someone could recommend a better bulb...maybe even someone who has a friend with a Civic...as the Civic corners are 1157 bulbs also.

The problem is I don't have a lot of money to spend on a nice Piaa or Raybrig bulb at this point, I just want something that doesn't look like snot for bumper lights.

the only way is raybrig polarg or piaa

they are 10 bucks a bulb

http://autolumination.com has them, but these are a bit more blue but neato lookin..
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

you could look for polarg too/ those are super good brand A++

Comment

The housing for the bump lights are plastic. These bulbs will output not only just light, but also heat. When the plastic melts, it discolors to a yellowish-brown burnt color. That causes your light to come out discolored.

I had that problem when I wired my bumper lights to stay on when ever my daytime driving lights or driving lights come on. (And I got pulled over 3 times for having it that way. Pigs )

I currently have an 1157 conversion on my bumper lights. The dim filament stays on when daytime/driving lights are on. The bright filament comes on when I signal. I'm using my stock amber lenses instead of my clear lenses. And to make it more amberish...I used the amber bulbs found at your local Auto Zone store. Those bulbs last forever.
        Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
        *RIP*
        1993 Accord EX Coupe
        1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
        1993 Accord EX Coupe
        Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
        JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
        I love it when VTEC kicks in!
        vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

i cant find amber bulbs anywhere!!!!!! its irritating.

as for the housings becmming dull, are u guys using aftermarket ebay clear ones? haha cause i know OEM really holds up to the heat...but ebay ones are i think less fortunate.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
            as for the housings becmming dull, are u guys using aftermarket ebay clear ones? haha cause i know OEM really holds up to the heat...but ebay ones are i think less fortunate. [/B]
            I used to have the aftermarket clear bumper lenses. The lenses didnt get dull but the area around the bulb was starting to melt and began to discolor. Thats what caused the light to come out yellowish instead of hyperwhite.

Originally posted by accordztech
            i cant find amber bulbs anywhere!!!!!! its irritating.
            Want me to buy you the amber bulbs...or just come to Fresno...They have them at all the Auto Zone Stores.
            *RIP*
            1993 Accord EX Coupe
            1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
            1993 Accord EX Coupe

Comment

humm maybe i do have it at this auto zone here..but they all look yellow to me.

your from fresno...umm...i want to make a central cali meet...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

The bulb has amber glass instead of clear glass. It makes my amber bumper lenses shine more amber....if thats possible.

Cali meet sounds good. I dont live too far. I'd drive to the Bay Area, Sacramento Area, LA Area, etc.
                *RIP*
                1993 Accord EX Coupe
                1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
                1993 Accord EX Coupe

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Importkitz
                  [B]I used to have the aftermarket clear bumper lenses. The lenses didnt get dull but the area around the bulb was starting to melt and began to discolor. Thats what caused the light to come out yellowish instead of hyperwhite.

I've had the 1157 conversion for almost a year and a half now, and my bumper lights look no different than the day I got them...color, shape, etc...the only problem lies in my bulbs, I'm using w/e Hyper-white ones are at Autozone because I cheaped out...I was just looking for a type of bulb that will be a different color...its a bulb fault, not the housing...but I got an early set of matrix bumper lights...maybe they don't make them as well as they used to?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion...I used to have the 1156 bulbs and it was wired to stay on as long as day/night time running lights were on.

1156 setup with clear bumper lenses
                    *RIP*
                    1993 Accord EX Coupe
                    1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
                    1993 Accord EX Coupe

Comment