cleaning jdm headlight Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cleaning jdm headlight Question

ok what do you guys use to clean the or polish your jdm headlights. i have some kind of film on mine and i want to get rid of it. would goo gone work? I know there is sothing from like meguires or mothers you can use. tia
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

try some plastix made by mequiars, its a white bottle that really works well on plastic, it gets faded ness out and like hazy stuff out and some bad spots that cant be taken out normally.

plus use it on all the lights that look dull and it will shine it up till it looks new

its about 5 or 6 bucks
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

use mother's mag and aluminum wheel polish. yea i know it's for rims but they work wonders on plastic lenses as well, and they protect like a wax. they will get rid of that glazing that you described for sure!
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

cool thanks guys i really appriciate your help
        cb7 sold

Comment

ok the mag wheels stuff worked for the glaze but there it looks like there was some kind of clear coat on them and ti start to wear away. but its not from using the stuff this is how i got them. Its like on the very top of the lens is there anthing i can do to get rid of that or do i have to live with it
          cb7 sold

Comment

plastix for jdm will work.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

if its glass.. high speed buff it.. ? if its glass DO NOT WETSAND.

Comment

there is a way u can wetsand glass but u have to know what ur doing.

yet he is talking about JDM which is plastic

Retro!

Hater

Comment

OEM JDMS are plastic? didnt know that..

Comment

Mine is too. Shoulnd't go further. If it does, talk to a body shop about getting them shot with new clear.

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                      OEM JDMS are plastic? didnt know that..
                      didn't read the jdm headlight faq

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

damn man its not working. its like the person before me had eyebrows on and its like the 3m shit. im not a dumb ass and i know paint thinker fucks up plastic but i tried to rub it on the one spot and its not even taking it off.
                        cb7 sold

Comment

Yeah man just like I said in the PM's, you'll most likely just have to take them to a detail shop to have them high speed buffed/polished and that'll basically bring the outside of the lenses to brand new condition. I don't recommend sanding them yourself unless you're very familiar with it, because you may end up with a very hazy product. When I mentioned it in the pm's before I sold you the lights, I wasn't sure if it was eyebrow glue or clearcoat peel, but either way it will be removable with a professional buffing. It's a very common problem with 92-93 lenses as my old lenses had it too and even my usdm's had a trace of it...I guess the weather over time may have some effect as well. Good luck man

My members ride thread

Comment

hey flyp its cool i knew what i was getting. I was just curious if there where any other ways then taking it somewhere. i mean its not taht big of deal no one can see it unless your up close. i was just thinking about gettting as set of eyebrows anyway. thanks for your help guys
                            cb7 sold

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
                              hey flyp its cool i knew what i was getting. I was just curious if there where any other ways then taking it somewhere. i mean its not taht big of deal no one can see it unless your up close. i was just thinking about gettting as set of eyebrows anyway. thanks for your help guys
                              yeah man sorry I can't help ya more. I'm not really sure what it is myself, and originally I thought it was like eyebrow goo since the japanese are notorious for putting eyebrows on their accords and since it only appears on the top perimiter of the headlights and nowhere else. It could be clear coating but I never knew headlight clearcoating was that thick. Good luck and please let me know if you find a solution, thanks

My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                              X