foglights on without headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foglights on without headlights

what im tryin to figure out is how to be able to have my foglights on without having my headlights on. i want to be able to have my corners on and my foglights only. i have the honda wiring and switch and it has relays so im realy confusedd.
    im sure i just have to run power to it when the parking lights are on instead of when the headlights are on. only time they can turn on is with the headlights.
    any tips? all help appreciated.

hmmmm

well i have fogs, but there not installed yet....

they are supposed to be wired up to go off when the highs come on...

pm grumpys93....he has them installed and wired to a seperate switch and he can turn his on without the headlights...

Comment

It's easy, I did it with my 90. I followed the threads I found on here by searching.

Only bummer is my switch doesn't light up unless its switched on.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr
        what im tryin to figure out is how to be able to have my foglights on without having my headlights on. i want to be able to have my corners on and my foglights only. i have the honda wiring and switch and it has relays so im realy confusedd.
        im sure i just have to run power to it when the parking lights are on instead of when the headlights are on. only time they can turn on is with the headlights.
        Thats how the oem relay runs the foglights. If you want to run them independently from the headlights, you can:

1) do whats mentioned above and run a seperate switch.
        2) Make your own wireharness
        3) Buy a aftermarket auxillary lighting kit. (Kragen and Autzone usually carry the Pilot brand)

Last edited by Warudakumi; 02-13-2007, 05:07 PM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
        JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
        1994 Prelude V-Tec
        1999 CL 3.0
        2000 Prelude
        2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
        1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
        1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
        1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
          It's easy, I did it with my 90. I followed the threads I found on here by searching.

Only bummer is my switch doesn't light up unless its switched on.
          There was a final answer on how to do it? Every thread I saw, no one knew how to get the fogs on without the headlights on using the OEM wiring.

Personally, I played with the fusebox plugs on the driver's kick panel to see if putting it in the other connectors other than 2 and 5 I believe would get them on, but I was not successful.

Comment

yea i still want to use my oem switch. im having somebody look at it tomorrow. i want to use my oem wiring if i come up with anything ill check back in and let u guys know. ill try to get pictures.

Comment

I'm using a aftermarket wiring harness and oem switch, on my oem 90-91 fogs works just fine and does what you want. corners and fogs on. looks ill..

this dude inspired me to get fogs in the first place.(f22-dohc)
              Last edited by tommi; 02-13-2007, 05:37 PM.
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

thats one nice look cb...got i got mind on intersection lights now.

Comment

I was using aftermarket wiring, I guess that changes things.

Comment

are u using a oem switch with the aftermarket wiring? i could careless about wiring i just want to be able to use my switch and also not have to turn it on or off.

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr
                      i drive like that most of the time.. i just hit the fog button.. switch on the small lights, and im set..

im using OEM wiring, tho, so i dunt have a crap to how they are wired up.. cant help u much on that man..

good luck tho!

cheers

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                      Honda Accord Euro-R
                      Honda Odyssey Absolute
                      Honda City I-DSi
                      Honda Stream

Comment

are u using a oem switch with the aftermarket wiring? i could careless about wiring i just want to be able to use my switch and also not have to turn it on or off.
                        I am using a regular switch, I just threw the aftermarket button it came with away.

Like I said, it works but I couldn't get the switch to light up the way it should. I didn't try very hard though.

From what I can tell, the stock wiring provides 12v to the foglight picture on the button when your lights are on so you can see it without fumbling in the dark. When you turn it on the light above the picture also lights up, so you know they're on.

On mine, I got the picture to light up when they're on, but when they're off you have to feel for the button......

But the way I see it, you could run a 12v wire from the spot on the fuse box that provides 12v when the lights are on. Run that to the leads that light up the foglight picture, run the constant-on 12v lead to the little light above the picture.

Also, when I turn my car off, but leave the foglights on, the little chime doesn't go off, so you have to remember to turn them off, or risk draining your battery.
                        Last edited by accordaffair; 02-14-2007, 12:46 AM.

Comment

dont know if this is any use to u but.....
                          Warning(the oem fog light switch wont have any use)
                          You can always wire the fog lights to your corner light, hence when u turn the headlight switch once just the fogs and signals will be on. turn the switch a second time your fogs corners and headlight will be on. your fogs will even be on with the highbeams. But once again your oem fog light switch will serve no purpose!
                          ~~~ Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angle Can Fly ~~~

Comment

From what I understand, to use the OEM Relay AND be able to use the OEM switch to turn the fogs on and off independent to the high beams, you will have to cut the lead going to the high beams from the relay and wire it to 12V constant with a 15A fuse.

Has any one tried this?

If you can post pics of the wiring diagram for an OEM foglight circuit, I can give you a new circuit to get the fogs to do as descibed in the first post.

As for re-wirind the switch, it should stay as is. The picture to the 12V from the dimmer, the light to the relay.

Hope this helps.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

nice cb tommi

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Working...
                              X