HID in OEM high beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID in OEM high beam

I do a lot of back road driving and playing around, here's my question..

I want to upgrade my high beams without having to mount driving pencil beams on the front of my CB. I was wondering what kind of output should I expect if I got just a regular ole HID conversion of my stock high beams.

I'm thinking it ought to be damned impressive. Especially it being totally exposed, no reflector it should go down range quite a bit.

Enlighten me please, anyone done this? What do you think the output will be?

Also, honestly I don't see myself putting out 225 bucks for the Bonzai kit our guy sells here just for high beams, has ANYONE had any luck with an ebay kit?

Thanks much.
    1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
    2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

bumpity bump bump!

Comment

alright now come on, 58 views? Someone has to have some sort of input.

Comment

Don't put an HID kit in your 9005 high-beams. HID ballasts are not designed to be toggled on and off. I'm sure the light would be great, but if you do a retrofit or something for the low beam you'll find you hardly ever use your high beams!
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Blinding shit out of people is fine. Get you some big ass foggies for that. But just retrofit the low beam and it should be sufficient enough to where your highi beam is basically useless.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well I would get some pencil beams or some driving lights, but putting 6" big lights on the wagon would look goofy. Now if it were a Suburu I'd be saying different.

I personally don't have the know how to retrofit projectors, nor will anyone I ask give me a somewhat straight answer on what they would charge to do such a thing.

Comment

I have JDM headlights and I use my H4 HID's, and flick on the halogen high beams and its bright as shit. I got my kit on ebay, but its a McCulloch. They are very nice HID's, I couldn't find em elsewhere for under 320 but i found em for 233 shipped. PM me if you need a link.

Comment

I have to agree with maroonaccord2.2 I have my HID's and driving on a pitch black road I dont need the high beams. The HID's provide enough light output even in just the stock headlight housing that I have no need really for the high beams. The high beams do help a little bit if your approaching a steep hill or something like that where you need a bit higher in the air light. Later

Comment

Working...
                X