CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

my color-modded tsx cutoff:

My members ride thread

Comment

those are some nice headlights guys i bet they were all worth the trouble thats for sure

hey sanches how long did it take you to do the retrofit

"2SIIC"

Comment

It took about 2 weeks in total. School definately distracted me but once I started while on break, I got them finished in no time. The demon eyes took time since it took patience to make them perfect. It's definately worth it though.

Fliplyricist, I've always liked your style in headlights and that cutoff looks beautiful. Sad to say, I cannot achieve such a cutoff with my setup. I kept the OEM shield and did the washer trick. I believe the refraction in the glass USDM lights is what takes away from coloration. I had a thick blue band before sealing the lights, I still have coloration now, but not to the same extent. The plastic in JDM lights have less of an interference but glass is my personal preference.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

i gotta get retro. Loveing the colour mod!!
            My Ride...

Comment

yup. that glass in front takes away a lot of color. it's just another medium for the light to pass through. I remember having very color cutoff, until I put it in my car and then all of the sudden, the colors were not intense anymore

Comment

hey would it be more difficult to do this on the JDM one pieces since there plastic????

"2SIIC"

Comment

Yo those look so good man, nice job!!!
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
                    hey would it be more difficult to do this on the JDM one pieces since there plastic????

The lens doesn't matter since you wont be touching it. It's the mounting that's different. the USDM is one whole reflector where as the JDMs have its own reflector that moves. When you adjust the horizontal/vertical of the USDM, the whole headlight moves. On the JDM, only the reflector moves. The JDM is a bit harder to retro because space is more of an issue, and you have to make it so that you can still adjust the headlight and not let the projector hit anything.

Comment

I finally got all my hid stuff for the jdm 1 piece headlights

and a pic of my retrofit stuff (not the ones on my car)

Now I just need time to install all of it on the car and compare.

Comment

dang..those things look sick..makes me want a set.. for all the hard work that you guys are pouring into these setups!

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1
                          my color-modded tsx cutoff:

one of my projectors have the same color in the cutoff stock unmodified.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                            one of my projectors have the same color in the cutoff stock unmodified.

every projector (even projectors from the same model car from the same year) has different characteristics. Some are just more naturally colorful/sharper from the factory, while some are less colorful but respond better than others to color mods. This is because no two sets of projectors has identical lenses and chrome bowl plating quality. Both these affect the quality and color of your cutoff.

By the way, that pic is what the projectors look like when they're installed in the car fully assembled with the headlight lenses on from about 30 feet. I polished the crap out of the inside of the plastic lenses to make them as clear as I could. I also sanded the cutoff shield perfectly flat as well as polished the inside of the front half of the bowls and drilled off part of the foreground limiter. The headlights basically looked brand new when I finished polishing them.

But without the lenses, the cutoff is twice as sharp as in that pic, and even more variation in color. I was thinking about cutting a square piece of lexan for each side and molding it into the headlight housings so the flicker will be almost unbearable lol. We'll see though, my main priority has been towards getting a 350z lately
                            Last edited by fliplyricist1; 01-06-2007, 08:13 AM.

My members ride thread

Comment

Did the polished bowls make that much of a difference?

I was working on my new tsx projectors to get a better cutoff to retro into my jdm 1 pieces, but I sold those headlights. I was planning on making a custom shield and swapping the lens with the 300zx, so my friend could use the tsx lens in his ls430 projectors.

Glass retrofits do kill lighting though because when I tried my single tsx projectors without the glass it had almost the same output as both headlights with glass.

Comment

Yessir, they do kill lighting but as flip said, polishing goes a long way. I tried making my own cutoff shield but I couldn't get the precision I wanted so I stuck to OEM. The sharper and thinner the metal the crisper and more colors you get on the output. You could very well possibly get a rainbow effect.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
                                X