Comparison pics HID, projector....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
    nice cant wait ti see it, i was going to do the same thing in some jdm 1pieces but i spent my money on my new h22, but maybe sometime next year ill do it
    it should basically have the same output as your car. It's just 2005 lexus rx ballast and bulbs going into a jdm headlight with the shields. If this setup has good results I might keep it and put the usdm's up for sale.

I've been considering doing the tsx retro in my jdm 1 piece since I still have 1 pair left in my garage. I'll probably mod the tsx projectors and try to make the most insane cutoff I can by making a new custom shield and swapping the lens out.

Comment

Damn bro you have some fucken nice as headlight output dude that shit looks sick

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
      "2SIIC"
      Authentic Jerseys for sale
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

thanks for the compliments. So did the original poster Linx ever post pics of his retrofit?

Comment

sick pic... i might have to steal that idea for my sig.

thanks

Comment

Nice output on the retrofit. I postponed the retro for a while due to finals week at school but finally got back on track as of last week. I finished assembling the lights last night and today I'm looking forward to wiring everthing up to the actual vehicle. It was a time consuming process but in the end I believe itll be worth it. I like the pics you've been posting. The border is a nice touch as well. I'll have pics of the lights out of the car by today and hopefully I can get them on the car and align them as well. The rain is coming in later today so alignment might have to wait.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

the pictures were all taken and edited my by friends since i'm too lazy to do that kind of stuff.

It took me some time to measure out everything and do the wiring. The hardest part was mounting my ballast since they're so big. When you do install your ballast make sure it gets a good ground. I had to sand the paint and primer off my grounding points so the ballast would stop having problems turning on.

Comment

Won't have any problems wiring. I have a separate harness that extends beyond what I need in order to power the ballasts. Here's some pics of the lights I finally completed compared to the stock ones.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

just curious what shroud that is? I'm assuming you'll be running those headlights with the amber corners on your car, and if so it'll look just like mine except I didn't use a shroud. Heres a pic comparing my retro to my jdm headlights.

Comment

The covers are from the ebay projectors I purchased. It's black and covers the whole projector area. The rings are demon eyes that I made.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

they look really nice, and it's making me want to add shrouds to mine. Do you have pics of it on the car yet?

Comment

Finally finished tonight! Everything works fine but I may need to lower the cutoff beam.
                        If the projector installation looks clean and painted nice then its not so bad. Maroonaccord is running his with shrouds but they don't cover everything and it looks just fine. The bmw bixenon shrouds look sweet if you're looking to get some bad ass ones. Since I got covers and demon eyes, I saved money.
                        Enjoy the pics. (The black corners look tacky but can't do anything until I get the ambers.) I'll get some cutoff shots when I can.

parking

fogs

lows

highs

...adjust accordingly

Comment

damn bro....those look hot. I need to pay someone to make some of thse for me.
                          1993 Accord LX - Sold
                          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

here is a pic of mine with the bmw e46 shroud that i painted black:

Comment

Damn those are nice make me want to do that now!
                              99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Those look great linx, but after you adjust them get some output pics. I'm still wondering if my light output should be wider or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X