No announcement yet.

Comparison pics HID, projector....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another option, which I will probably go with, is to retro OEM H7 halogen projectors, and get D2S bulbs later on. H7 bulbs are, from what I understand, almost exactly the same as D2S bulbs, but halogen. So with a ring adaptor or something it's a plug and play fit, which allows you to buy higher quality OEM bulbs and have an OEM-like beam pattern. I've been going back and forth with buying a set...they go for about $125 on Ebay.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i have seen a couple of civics with projectors im not sure what they had but they had a good output and a small cut off and plus my friend has a 95 EX with some projectors and they have a nice cutoff and there fucken bright without HIDS

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
      "2SIIC"
      Authentic Jerseys for sale
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

I just ordered a set of Bosch H7 projectors... $50!!!! I have a set of headlights sitting in my garage too...it's retro time!

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Retro is the way to go but man does it take time and accuracy if you want it done right. Just fit the projectors into the headlights today. Need to modify the shield and paint next.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

yeah its a pain in the ass, and alot of work but in the end i was very happy with them, its a day and night difference between the tsx projectors on my daily driver which is a 90 accord ex, and my jdm 1 peice reflector type with d2r bulbs, which are on this acccord.

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
              Retro is the way to go but man does it take time and accuracy if you want it done right. Just fit the projectors into the headlights today. Need to modify the shield and paint next.
              Well I have the extra set so I can take my time. Plus I did a retro before with H4 reflectors. They came out OK but I lost functionality of my high beams (I didn't do the vertical aiming correctly). With the screws on the projectors I should be able to get the aim right, as well as change the beam pattern to what I want (a vertical step)...

Comment

here are some pics i took when i installed them, they are against my garage, i need to take some other pics of them on a flat wall and i hadn't adjusted them at the time, ill take some new pics of them already adjusted, i just have to charge my battery on my camera, but ill take some then post them.

Comment

Whoa those are Ebay projectors? Do you have the seller of those?

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    Whoa those are Ebay projectors? Do you have the seller of those?
                    No these are usdm oem headlights which i retro-fitted tsx projectors with philips d2s bulbs

Comment

well i dont have as much time that i want to right now but by the end of december i most likely will and study on how to do the retro fit cause projectors and HIDs are fucken tight and you can see alot more than the basic headlights

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                      "2SIIC"
                      Authentic Jerseys for sale
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

I went to go take some pictures tonight to add to my collection. But I figured I should post up some HID pictures and since this thread already has some good info. I figured I would add to it.

My old stock usdm with sylvania cool blue halogens:

My new usdm headlights with a tsx retrofit. (picture is taken from passenger seat inside the car):

More pictures can be found of both mine and AirRide Accord's retrofit (I hi-jacked his thread) Can be found here.

Comment

damn bro, your hids look sweet , how long did it take you to retrofit them, it took me about 1 1/2 weeks almost 2, i mean i worked a lil on them after work for about 1 hour or so, but i just took my time.

Comment

Originally posted by AirRide Accord
                            damn bro, your hids look sweet , how long did it take you to retrofit them, it took me about 1 1/2 weeks almost 2, i mean i worked a lil on them after work for about 1 hour or so, but i just took my time.
                            friend did most of it for me, all i did was paint them and install it on the car. But if I remember correctly the headlights came on a wednesday afternoon and we had the headlight painted and ready to seal up saturday night. Then I had to wait a week for the stuff to make my relay harness to come in the mail. So it took like 2 weeks from start to finish...but I'm having grounding problems with my current ballast. But my denso ballast, philips d2s bulbs, h4 casper shields, and the rest of the lights to use my JDM 1 piece headlights should be here next week. So I should have jdm 1 piece headlight output pics up by the end of the year.

Comment

nice cant wait ti see it, i was going to do the same thing in some jdm 1pieces but i spent my money on my new h22, but maybe sometime next year ill do it

Comment

this is fucking awesome and is the reason i want some so bad.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                                X