headlight guru finally getting HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xplode
    yeah i forgot catz had blue tint. i meant focal point wise tho. make sure its away from liquid, youd have a fire in an instant and thats no joke.. another thing, keep it away from moving parts.. if that flies into the pullies, WOW too bad to even get into.. =)
    I hear ya on that...I've seen the output of the Catz systems and they are actually pretty damn good for colored bulbs.

that's a great point man, thanks for that. Shoot, I had the ballasts mounted up against the side lips of the hood area...rain probably just drips through there. Even though the wires of the ballasts are insulated I don't want to take a chance.

I've got some double sided 3m tape, so worst comes to worst I'll stick one on the side of my battery and the other will go somewhere near the strut nuts either w/zip ties or the 3m stickies

and I'll be sure to take pics by the end of the week Maple...the car is hideously dirty

My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by acch22
      HUH?
      Someone said it they were at yankee stadium or something... but thats in tamiami park.. behind FIU in miami. just thought it was cool seeing somewhere i know for once

Comment

finally got around to taking some hi-res pics tonight...here's a couple of highlights

(notice bulbs appear a bit purplish at certain angles after fully warmed up...I was driving next to a new 3 series bmw and our headlights looked just about identical in color from ... but the light projected on the road from my bulbs is a very white/yellowish hue, so it's by no means a non-functional ricer hid kit)

Still not aimed correctly, and I'm looking forward to reaping the benefits of properly aimed headlights when I can find a nice level parking garage to work in. If I can get even better illumination than I already have right now then I'd be an extremely happy man. Overall, best 170 bucks I've spent on my car so far.

rest found here:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...5&pagenumber=4
        Last edited by fliplyricist1; 04-29-2004, 07:11 AM.

My members ride thread

Comment

flip, i already responded to your pics in your member's ride thread, so rather than repeat them here, i'll just leave it at, they hid's look good. check your member's ride thread, yo!

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
          X