headlight guru finally getting HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight guru finally getting HID

Yeah, its true.. im going to be getting brand new OEM Hid's from a 7 series BMW.. my buds gettin me all the shit.. gonna cost me 125.. LOL... damn good to get that hook up. i cant wait to get it in and shti, prolly gonna be a few weeks til he gets the stuff for me.. Hella ballasts and phillips bulbs.. but when i get them in il try to get pics and def.. def.. will report in how sexy they are.

125? where's your friend stealing them from

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Originally posted by 97Lude
      125? where's your friend stealing them from

If you get the parts from different souces you can do a DIY HID kit for about 150-200.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

theyre legit hoe.. im no theif

Comment

u got hid's now, just dont know where to install it. im telling u HID high beams!
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

are you getting them with the projectors as well? if not, then they're useless, since those bulbs in regular housings will have the worst cutoff beam ever

and you cannot find a complete projector kit for under 250 shipped unless they're stolen...it costs at least 60 or 70 for the bulbs, another 130-200 or so for the projectors (depending on whether singular or bi xenon), and about another 100+ for the ballasts plus ignitors...plus some people sell their kits without bulb holders which you have to buy seperately

and these are USED prices

if you're lucky, for a package deal you can get the bulbs, projectors and ballasts/ignitors for about 300-350 used...but anything below that will be incomplete and/or stolen or someone just really needs to sell shit and doesn't care

oh well...I was about to do the projector retrofit route, but tonight I acted on impulse and got an h4 Hella 7000k kit for my jdm one pieces for 170 shipped. Figured even if I don't want them or like them, I can always sell them for more on ebay. Never had hid before, so I'm excited to see how it'll look.

My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1
              are you getting them with the projectors as well? if not, then they're useless, since those bulbs in regular housings will have the worst cutoff beam ever

and you cannot find a complete projector kit for under 250 shipped unless they're stolen...it costs at least 60 or 70 for the bulbs, another 130-200 or so for the projectors (depending on whether singular or bi xenon), and about another 100+ for the ballasts plus ignitors...plus some people sell their kits without bulb holders which you have to buy seperately

and these are USED prices

if you're lucky, for a package deal you can get the bulbs, projectors and ballasts/ignitors for about 300-350 used...but anything below that will be incomplete and/or stolen or someone just really needs to sell shit and doesn't care

oh well...I was about to do the projector retrofit route, but tonight I acted on impulse and got an h4 Hella 7000k kit for my jdm one pieces for 170 shipped. Figured even if I don't want them or like them, I can always sell them for more on ebay. Never had hid before, so I'm excited to see how it'll look.
              He's got a buddy on the "lighting FAQ" site whos always dealing with retros.

BTW, that kit is going to look like stadium lighting, more like flood lights. You should have kept your 170 and waited to get a set of Valeos flip. Then get the rest of the parts. Cant go wrong with ebay. I've spent a total of 230 for everything needed for the retro!

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
              JDM H22
              Port n Polished Int Mani
              Bored TB, maxed
              MSD 6A
              I/H/E
              no cat
              [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

We did a retrofit to my friends Altima and it cost around $200 in all to do. Took some BMW ballasts, got the capsules, wiring, and wired them puppies up and damnnn they are bright. I will get some pics of the retrofit'd HID kit.

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                  We did a retrofit to my friends Altima and it cost around $200 in all to do. Took some BMW ballasts, got the capsules, wiring, and wired them puppies up and damnnn they are bright. I will get some pics of the retrofit'd HID kit.
                  if possible, get some against-the-wall pics (taken roughly 15-25 feet away) on a white-ish wall. i'm curious as how the altima looks as well.
                  Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Originally posted by acch22
                    First off my buddy whos getting me the parts isnt on the FAQ.. but its a friend from work . and #2 i might be getting the projectors for 25 dollars more.. i think im getting the ECE Valeo's im more than likely not retrofitting any time soon with the projectors.. not til i buy new headlamps.. neways.. its not stolen its legit shit teh guy who he gets them from doesnt give a fuck about hid's.. .. but it wont glare, they have been machine Re Based. so Ricist, dont speak when you have no idea on the optics of it. Machine rebase can get nearly PERFECT alignment.. never perfect as OEM HID but damn close. Plus its easy to control the light output to withold the extra glare.. so you dont tell me about optics.. and yes you can get anything for under 250 if you know the rite peeps who got hookups on them.. Legit that is. no theft.. i hate theifs.. Sure i could probably get another set of 7 series ballasts and what not but i doubt im going to get them for anyone.. only 1 other person im even considering.
                    Last edited by xplode; 04-23-2004, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by acch22

BTW, that kit is going to look like stadium lighting, more like flood lights. You should have kept your 170 and waited to get a set of Valeos flip. Then get the rest of the parts. Cant go wrong with ebay. I've spent a total of 230 for everything needed for the retro!
                      or so I've heard : / Well actually I've heard a mixed bag about h4 hid's in jdm one pieces...I have a friend who actually said the cutoff on his were just fine and there was no glare and he never had any problems whatsoever with people high beaming him or him getting big unwanted glare when looking from the front of his car. Like I said, we'll see how it goes. Worst comes to worst, I'll just sell the kit on ebay and make a profit...I figure 170 for a complete h4 kit with Hella parts isn't too shabby. I thought about doing the retrofit but at this point I don't have the time nor patience nor 'flexibility' factor if I make a mistake, and I don't even have so much as a dremel tool, so it's going to cost ME a lot more than someone who has all the things they need.

My members ride thread

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rebels

holy glare, batman!
                          Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Originally posted by usc
                            holy glare, batman!
                            Yeah, that beam pattern is pretty shitty. Glad you don't live around me.

Comment

lol.

well things aren't looking that optomistic, but I'mma keep my fingers crossed

My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                              X