No announcement yet.

headlight guru finally getting HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol that beam pattern is pretty bad.. heh.. pretty much did it for looks im guessing.

Comment

LOL! can we say Yankee stadium!!

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
      JDM H22
      Port n Polished Int Mani
      Bored TB, maxed
      MSD 6A
      I/H/E
      no cat
      [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

hehe. look super cool tho.. sadly not to the oncoming driver =P

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
          hehe. look super cool tho.. sadly not to the oncoming driver =P
          thats their fault for lookin! hahahha
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by acch22
            LOL! can we say Yankee stadium!!
            Thats actually the place where the Miami fair is every year, right behind the FIU South campus. I knew those pics started to look familiar.

Comment

well i just spent a few hours setting up this custom wire harness im going to have.. its goign to be a high wattage/HID harness. that way i wont burn up my stock wiring from the extra current draw when the bulb is ignited.. over time that can cause wear.. neways its prolly the best harness ever because it can be easily fitted to any ballast.. kinda sweet. gonna cost me 64 bonez.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                Thats actually the place where the Miami fair is every year, right behind the FIU South campus. I knew those pics started to look familiar.
                HUH?

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                JDM H22
                Port n Polished Int Mani
                Bored TB, maxed
                MSD 6A
                I/H/E
                no cat
                [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1

lol.

well things aren't looking that optomistic, but I'mma keep my fingers crossed
                  when will you be putting them in? im curious to see what theyll look like. ive always thought about getting them, but i always hear bad things about hid's in stock housings.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                    when will you be putting them in? im curious to see what theyll look like. ive always thought about getting them, but i always hear bad things about hid's in stock housings.
                    They should come in by monday and I'll be installing them probably by midweek and putting up pictures of the beam pattern.

Granted they're 7000k, they're not colored bulbs and hella rates them at ~2800 lumens (vs. 3200 lumens for the 4600k kits) , so it'll still be a huge improvement over stock for me. And I'm taking my friend's word on it when he told me that his h4 hid kit on his 4th gen jdm one pieces had a very nice cutoff and weren't all glaring. I guess it all depends on the housings they're in...the earlier pics of the altima, no details were given about what kinda kit it was (coulda been a cheap Catz kit), plus who knows how much aiming adjustability the altima heads have over the accord one pieces.

I'll find out soon and keep you guys posted.

My members ride thread

Comment

Catz kits are better by far by any of those cheap HID kits usee on ebay.. they are much more presise. shit, your kit your getting isnt even close to OEM. Product quality wise

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                        Catz kits are better by far by any of those cheap HID kits usee on ebay.. they are much more presise. shit, your kit your getting isnt even close to OEM. Product quality wise

I understand Catz may be getting 'better'...but please...any kit that comes with 'blue tint' hid bulbs is whack. Period. And of course my kit isn't even close to OEM quality...that's what you get when you buy a retrofit kit w/o oem hid housings/projectors. All I want is better than stock performance, and I'm going to get that. They're hella ballasts/bulbs...so that's primarily why I got the kit, besides the price and ease of install.

Again, for 170 bucks shipped, I'm not expecting BMW X5 results.

My members ride thread

Comment

wow im sure glad i dont live near that altima, people who throw kits on there cars without caring about oncoming drivers shouldn't be driving in the first place

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                          www.maketradefair.com

Comment

whooowee! finished installing my hid's...it was easy as mess

looks awesome...exactly like the TL's a very distinct purple/bright white ....i dunno how the glare is since it's afternoon right now but they are definitely bright. Love it when you first turn them on and it starts out a very deep blue and then gradually progresses into white. I'll take some high-res pics this week. I think I need to find different mounting spots for my ballasts though...

to peeps who have hid's in their 4th gens, where did you mount your ballasts? Damnit, there's like no room anywhere, and no more than 1 open hole on each side of the engine bay : /

My members ride thread

Comment

yeah i forgot catz had blue tint. i meant focal point wise tho. make sure its away from liquid, youd have a fire in an instant and thats no joke.. another thing, keep it away from moving parts.. if that flies into the pullies, WOW too bad to even get into.. =)

Comment

i wanan see some pics flip!

Comment

Working...
                                X